1. About 3 years of work experience with Perfume Plus Retailers in a sales associate position from ages 17-20.
--Onset of work experience coincided with finishing high school; progressive growth in social contexts and conversation maintenance. This job was perfect for learning and adapting to work with various types of individuals and personalities.
2. Two and a half years (and currently ongoing) retail experience working for Proactiv Solutions from ages 20-22
--Job has a more consultative approach because customers are viewed as clients whose skin care program must be suited to their specific problem areas and needs. This job allowed me to get used to asking personal questions for client histories as well as practice making others comfortable and confident with my services.
From working in the hospital and clinical settings:
From working educational facilities and taking courses at the University of Kentucky:
Accomplishments and notable experiences from my time at the University:
1. Minor in Family Sciences obtained at the University of Kentucky.
2. NSSLHA (national and local) member- last year and in 2015-2016
3. Placement on the Dean's List for a total of seven of the nine semesters completed at UK.
4. GPA exceeding 3.5 in eight out of nine semesters completed at UK
5. Coursework and labs performed on Tympanometry, Otoscopy, Hearing Screenings of Pure Tone Air and Bone, OAE's, etc. (broadening auditory system knowledge base-2015)
6. Coursework (Four years altogether--2 during high school and 2 at the University) in a second language course: Spanish
7. Course taken on Assistive Technology and Communicative Devices to broaden AAC device operation knowledge.
8. ~20 hours of observation at Cardinal Hill in rehabilitation setting under LeAnne Kennedy (SLP) (2013-2014)
9. ~20-25 hours of observation/assisting in therapy between Beaumont Middle School and Clays Mill Elementary School under LaQuida Taylor (SLP)
10. ~15 observation hours completed for an education course at Breckenridge Elementary under Kera Ackerman (early education professional)
11. ~15 observation hours completed at Mary Todd Elementary under Jennifer Kramek
12. ~25 observation/assistance hours at UK hospital under Jasmin Al-Kabandi, CCC-SLP (2014-2015)
13. Participant in Maria Bane & Dr. Joseph Stemple's study on voice-- Vocal Function exercises for Normal Voice: the Effects of Varying Dosage (7 weeks in 2015)
14. Trip to Brookside Elementary with Dr. Jane Kleinert to teach children how to operate an AAC device (small groups)
15. Induction into the National Society of Collegiate Scholars (2012-2013)
16. Assisted in University of Kentucky Clinic for ~12 hours performing various tasks.
Bachelors Degree in Health Sciences under the program of Communication Sciences and Disorders will be obtained in May of 2016--(completion of Undergraduate Studies currently in progress).
1. Volunteer experience on the photography team at Quest Community Church (~1.5 years)
2. Volunteer experience on the greeting team at Quest Community Church- Sundays and large events (~1.5 years; current)
3. Tutoring and hosting a book club at the Village Branch library for children at a lower socioeconomic advantage under the Bill Gates 21st Century Learning Grant (~7 weeks in 2013-2014)
4. Participated in Dr. Jane Kleinert's trip to Brookside Elementary where we taught students how to operate an alternative communication program and device--one mentor per four children in a group setting.
5. Volunteered at Ashland Terrace in an Assisted Living/ Nursing Home type of environment with one of the residents. Experience included: cleaning, moving old items out of and placing new items into her storage space, as well as providing her with someone she could communicate with over an extended period of time. (~ 2 weeks)
-Barium Swallow and X-ray procedures
-Scope cleaning practice
-Tutoring in Math, English, and Writing
-Active listening with customers and clients
-Experience working with students in the classroom (one-on-one and group)
-Experience performing hearing screenings and other audiometric evaluations
-Knowledgeable in the operation of AAC devices
-Knowledgeable in how to read, write, and speak Spanish (moderate level)
-Filing and organizing (from work in the UK clinic and school assignments)
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: