Analytical Research Specialist with experience in experimental research and data analysis. Detail-oriented and methodical professional successful in developing in-depth research projects. Reliable team player with excellent communication and problem-solving skills. Skilled Researcher enthusiastic about supporting advancements in [Area of expertise]. Passionate about increasing knowledge to drive growth and needed improvements. Ready to apply knowledge and [Number] years of experience in research.
· Poster presented at NAVBO, Newport, RI. October 2018.
· Poster presented at the GRC- Angiogenesis 2017, Newport, RI. August 2017.
· Hands-on Sequencing Informatics Workshop - New York Genome Centre April 2017.
· Poster presentation at the ISNI Congress, Sitges, Spain, October 2010.
· Certificate course - “How to write a competitive proposal for Framework 7”, Bilbao, Spain.
Cell culture (Primary cell culture, human cell lines)
Tethered ligand assay
CRISPR/Cas9 single gene knockouts
Flow cytometry (Surface and ICS)
Manuscript Writing, Organized, Well planned
Data Analysis (Bioinformatics using R and UNIX)
RNA-sequencing data analysis with leading pipelines
Genetic screening methods: Genotyping using Taqman
Time course/dose response
RT-PCR/qPCR/gel electrophoresis- SYBR green/Fluidigm technology
Basic cloning Luciferase/Reporter assays
Good communication skills
Genomic tools: ENSEMBL, UCSC genome browser, dbSNP, ALFRED, BioMart)
Data analysis tools: DAVID, GSEA, PANTHER
Genotyping data analysis programs- PLINK, Haploview, IGV
1. Swaminathan B*, Du J* et al., In draft (2019)
2. Ali M, Wihlborg A-K, Ajore R, Jónsson S, Niroula A, Swaminathan B, et al., The multiple myeloma risk allele at 5q15 confers lower expression of ELL2 and increased expression of ribosomal genes in malignant plasma cells. Nat. Commun. 2018 Apr 25;9(1):1649.
3.Jonsson S, Sveinbjornsson G*, Lopez de Lapuente A*, Swaminathan, B, et al. Sequence variants influencing immunoglobulin levels. Nat. Genetics. 2017, doi:10.1038/ng.3897
4. Puthia M, Ambite I, Cafaro C, Butler D, Huang Y, Lutay N, Rydström G, Gullstrand B, Swaminathan B, et al. IRF7 inhibition prevents destructive innate immunity-A target for nonantibiotic therapy of bacterial infections. Sci Transl Med.2016;8(336):336ra59.
5. Mitchell JS, Li N, Weinhold N, Försti A, Ali M, …Swaminathan B, et al. Genome-wide association study identifies multiple susceptibility loci for multiple myeloma. Nat Commun. 2016 Jul 1; 7:12050. doi: 10.1038/ncomms12050.
6. Swaminathan B, Thorleifsson G, Jöud M, Ali M, et al. Variants in ELL2 influencing immunoglobulin levels associate with multiple myeloma. Nat Commun. 2015 May 26; 6:7213. doi: 10.1038/ncomms8213.
7. Swaminathan B, Goikuria H, Vega R, et al. Autophagic marker MAP1LC3B expression levels are associated with carotid atherosclerosis symptomatology. Plos One 2014; 9(12): e115176.
8. Swaminathan B, Cuapio A, Alloza I, et al. Fine Mapping and Functional Analysis of the Multiple Sclerosis Risk Gene CD6. PLoS One 2013; 8(4): e62376.
9. Vandenbroeck K, Alvarez J, Swaminathan B, et al. A cytokine gene screen uncovers SOCS1 as genetic risk factor for multiple sclerosis. Genes Immun. 2012; 13(1):21-8.
10. Vandenbroeck K, Alloza I, Swaminathan B, et al. Validation of IRF5 as multiple sclerosis risk gene: putative role in interferon beta therapy and human herpes virus 6 infection. Genes Immun. 2011; 12(1):40-5.
11. Swaminathan B, Matesanz F, Cavanillas ML, et al. Validation of the CD6 and TNFRSF1A loci as risk factors for multiple sclerosis in Spain. J Neuroimmunol. 2010; 223(1-2):100-3.
12. Swaminathan B, Shubha GN, Shubha D, et al. Duchenne muscular dystrophy: a clinical, histopathological and genetic study at a neurology tertiary care center in Southern India. Neurol India. 2009; 57(6):734-8.
13. Swaminathan B, Shylashree S, Purushottam M, et al. Deletion analysis of spinal muscular atrophy in southern Indian population. Neurol India. 2008 Jul-Sep; 56(3):348-51.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: