Earned PhD in engineering. Have post-doctoral experience and interdisciplinary background. Eager to contribute to team success through hard work, attention to detail and excellent organizational skills. Motivated to learn, grow and excel as an editor of Physical Review Letters.
1. J. L. Hart, K. Hantanasirisakul, A. C. Lang, Y. Li, F. Mehmood, R. Pachter, A. I. Frenkel, Y. Gogotsi, M. L. Taheri. Multi-modal spectroscopic study of termination evolution in Cr2TiC2Tx MXene. Adv. Mater. Interf. XX, XXXX-XXXX (2021)
2. Y. Li#, M. Kottwitz, J. Vincent, Z. Liu, L. Zhang, J. Huang, S. D. Senanayake, P. Crozier, R. G. Nuzzo, A. I. Frenkel. Determining the active site in ceria supported Pt nanoclusters for the water gas shift reaction. Submitted. #Corresponding author.
3. E. Makagon, E. Wachtel, L. Houben, S. Cohen, Y. Li, J. Li, A. I. Frenkel, I. Lubomirsky. All-solid-state electro-chemo-mechanical actuator operating at room temperature. Adv. Functional Mater.XX, XXXXX-XXXXX (2020)
4. H. Wei, A. Wisniowska, J. Fan, P. Harvey, Y. Li, V. Wu, E. C. Hansen, M. G. Kaul, A. M. Frey, G. Adam, A. I. Frenkel, M. G. Bawendi, A. Jasanoff. Single-nanometer iron oxide nanoparticles as tissue-permeable MRI contrast agents. Submitted.
5. J. L. Hart, A. C. Lang, Y. Li, S. Shahrezael, D. D. Alix-Williams, M. L. Falk, S. N. Mathaudhu, A. I. Frenkel, M. L. Taheri. A synchrotron in the TEM: Revealing structure – processing relationships at the nearest – neighbor scale. Submitted.
6. L. Kang, X. Y. Liu, A. Wang, L. Li, Y. Ren, X. Li, X. Pan, Y. Li, X. Zong, H. Liu, A. I. Frenkel, T. Zhang. Photo-thermo catalytic oxidation over TiO2-WO3 supported platinum catalyst. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2020, 132, 13009-13016.
7. L. E. Betancourt, A. Rojas-Perez, I. Oroszo, A. I. Frenkel, Y. Li, K. Sasaki, S. Senanayake, C. R. Cabrera. Enhancing ORR performance of bimetallic PdAg electrocatalysts by designing interactions between Pd and Ag. ACS Appl. Energy Mater. 2020, 3, 2342-2349.
8. X. Chen, D. A. Henckel, U. Nwabara, Y. Li, A. I. Frenkel, T. Fister, P. J. A. Kenis, A. A. Gewirth. Controlling speciation during CO2 reduction on Cu-alloy electrodes. ACS Catalysis, 2020, 10, 672-682.
9. M. Kottwitz*, Y. Li*, R. M. Palomino, Z. Liu, Q. Wu, G. Wang, J. Huang, J. Timoshenko, S. D. Senanayake, M. Balasubramanian, D. Lu, R. G. Nuzzo, A. I. Frenkel. Local structure and electronic state of Pt single atoms on nanosized CeO2 support. ACS Catalysis, 2019, 9, 8738-8748. *Equally contributed.
10. W. Taifan*, Y. Li*, J. P. Baltrus, A. Frenkel, L. Zhang, J. Baltrusaitis, Operando structure determination of Cu and Zn on supported MgO/SiO2 catalysts during ethanol conversion to 1,3-butadiene, ACS Catalysis, 2019, 9, 269–285. * Equally contributed.
11. B. Zugic, M. A. v. Spronsen, C. Heine, M. M. Montemore, Y. Li, D. N. Zakharov, S. Karakalos, B. A. J. Lechner, E. Crumlin, M. M. Biener, A. I. Frenkel, J. Biener, E. A. Stach, M. Salmeron, E. Kaxiras, R. J. Madix, C. M. Friend, Evolution of steady-state material properties during catalysis: Oxidative coupling of methanol over nanoporous Ag0.03Au0.97, Journal of Catalysis, 2019, 380, 366-374.
12. M. Zhao, Y. Xu, L. Shuller-NIckles, J. Amoroso, A. I. Frenkel, Y. Li, W. Gong, K. Lilova, A. Navrotsky, K. Brinkman, Compositional control of radionuclide retention in hollandite-based ceramic waste forms for Cs-immobilization: The role of local structure and theremodynamic stability on elemental release, J. Am. Cer. Soc. 2019, 00:1–11.
13. S. Zhang, Y. Li, J. Huang, J. Lee, D. H. Kim, A. I. Frenkel, T. Kim, Effects of Molecular and Electronic Structures in CoOx/CeO2 Catalysts on NO Reduction by CO, The Journal of Physical Chemistry C 2019, 123, 7166–7177.
14. D. Liu*, Y. Li*, M. Kottwitz, B. Yan, S. Yao, A. Gamalski, D. Grolimund, O. V. Safonova, M. Nachtegaal, J. G. Chen, E. A. Stach, R. G. Nuzzo, A. I. Frenkel, Identifying dynamic structural changes of active sites in Pt-Ni bimetallic catalysts using multimodal approaches, ACS Catalysis, 2018, 8, 4120-4131. * Equally contributed.
15. D. Vovchok, C. J. Guild, S. Dissanayake, J. Llorca, E. Stavitski, Z. Liu, R. Palomino, I. Waluyo, Y. Li, A. I. Frenkel, J. A. Rodriguez, S. L. Suib, S. D. Senanayake, In situ characterization of mesoporous Co/CeO2 catalysts for the high temperature water-gas shift, J. Phys. Chem. C, 2018, 122, 8998-9008.
16. F. Zhang, Z. Liu, S. Zhang, N. Akter, R. M. Palomino, D. Vovchok, I. Orozco, D. Salazar, J. A. Rodriguez, J. Llorca, J. Lee, D. H. Kim, W. Xu, A. I. Frenkel, Y. Li, T. Kim, S. D. Senanayake, In situ elucidation of the active state of Co-CeOx catalysts in the dry reforming of methane: The important role of the reducible oxide support and interactions with Cobalt,
ACS Catalysis, 2018, 8, 3550-3560.
17. Q. Wu, J. Cen, Y. Zhao, X. Tong, Y. Li, A. I. Frenkel, S. Zhao and A. Orlov, A comprehensive study of catalytic, morphological and electronic properties of ligand-protected gold nanoclusters using XPS, STM, XAFS, and TPD techniques, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2018, 20, 1497-1503.
18. S. Zhang, Y. Tang, L. Nguyen, Y.-F. Zhao, Z. Wu, T.-W. Goh, J. J. Liu, Y. Li, T. Zhu, W. Huang, A. I. Frenkel, J. Li and F. F. Tao, Catalysis on Singly Dispersed Rh Atoms Anchored on an Inert Support, ACS Catalysis, 2018, 8, 110-121.
19. R. Rosentsveig, L. Yadgarov, Y. Feldman, S. Shilstein, R. Popovitz-Biro, B. Visic, A. Sedova, S. R. Cohen, Y. Li, A. I. Frenkel and R. Tenne, Doping of Fullerene-Like MoS2 Nanoparticles with Minute Amounts of Niobium, Particle & Particle Systems Characterization, 2018, 35, 1700165.
20. S. Zhao*, Y. Li*, D. Liu*, J. Liu, Y.-M. Liu, D. N. Zakharov, Q. Wu, A. Orlov, A. A. Gewirth, E. A. Stach, R. G. Nuzzo and A. I. Frenkel, Multimodal Study of the Speciations and Activities of Supported Pd Catalysts During the Hydrogenation of Ethylene, The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2017, 121, 18962-18972. * Equally contributed.
21. Y. Li, J. J. Rehr, R. G. Nuzzo, and A. I. Frenkel, Clusters, Chapter 8.9 in: X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy and Related Techniques, International Tables for Crystallography, V. 1, IUCR Publisher, In press
22. Y. Li and A. I. Frenkel, Metal nanocatalysts, Chapter 19 in: XAFS Techniques for catalysts, nanomaterials, and surfaces, Springer International Publishing, 2017, 273-298
23. J. Shan, S. Zhang, T. Choksi, L. Nguyen, C. S. Bonifacio, Y. Li, W. Zhu, Y. Tang, Y. Zhang, J. C. Yang, J. Greeley, A. I. Frenkel and F. Tao, Tuning Catalytic Performance through a Single or Sequential Post-Synthesis Reaction(s) in a Gas Phase, ACS Catalysis, 2017, 7, 191-204.
24. E. A. Stach, S. Zhao, Y. Li, D. Liu, J. Liu, Y.-M. Liu, D. N. Zakharov, Q. Wu, A. Orlov, A. A. Gewirth, R. G. Nuzzo and A. I. Frenkel, Operando and multimodal studies of speciation and activity of Pt catalysts during the hydrogenation of ethylene, Microscopy and Microanalysis, 2017, 23, 892-893.
25. Z. Duan*, Y. Li*, J. Timoshenko, S. T. Chill, R. M. Anderson, D. F. Yancey, A. I. Frenkel, R. M. Crooks and G. Henkelman, A combined theoretical and experimental EXAFS study of the structure and dynamics of Au147 nanoparticles, Catalysis Science & Technology, 2016, 6, 6879-6885. * Equally contributed.
26. Y. Li, R. M. Anderson, Z. Duan, S. Chill, R. M. Crooks, G. Henkelman and A. I. Frenkel, Thermal properties of size-selective nanoparticles: Effect of the particle size on Einstein temperature, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 2016, 712, 012063.
27. Y. Li, O. Kraynis, J. Kas, T.-C. Weng, D. Sokaras, R. Zacharowicz, I. Lubomirsky and A. I. Frenkel, Geometry of electromechanically active structures in Gadolinium - doped Cerium oxides, AIP Advances, 2016, 6, 055320.
28. J. Liu, Y. Amit, Y. Li, A. M. Plonka, S. Ghose, L. Zhang, E. A. Stach, U. Banin and A. I. Frenkel, Reversed Nanoscale Kirkendall Effect in Au–InAs Hybrid Nanoparticles, Chemistry of Materials, 2016, 28, 8032-8043.
29. W. Huang, S. Zhang, Y. Tang, Y. Li, L. Nguyen, Y. Li, J. Shan, D. Xiao, R. Gagne, A. I. Frenkel and F. Tao, Low-Temperature Transformation of Methane to Methanol on Pd1O4 Single Sites Anchored on the Internal Surface of Microporous Silicate, Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2016, 55, 13441-13445.
30. F. F. Tao, L. Nguyen, S. Zhang, Y. Li, Y. Tang, L. Zhang, A. I. Frenkel, Y. Xia and M. Salmeron, Formation of Second-Generation Nanoclusters on Metal Nanoparticles Driven by Reactant Gases, Nano Letters, 2016, 16, 5001-5009.
31. S. D. Senanayake, N. A. Pappoe, T.-D. Nguyen-Phan, S. Luo, Y. Li, W. Xu, Z. Liu, K. Mudiyanselage, A. C. Johnston-Peck, A. I. Frenkel, I. Heckler, D. Stacchiola and J. A. Rodriguez, Interfacial Cu+ promoted surface reactivity: Carbon monoxide oxidation reaction over polycrystalline copper–titania catalysts, Surface Science, 2016, 652, 206-212.
32. S. Lwin, Y. Li, A. I. Frenkel and I. E. Wachs, Nature of WOx Sites on SiO2 and Their Molecular Structure–Reactivity/Selectivity Relationships for Propylene Metathesis, ACS Catalysis, 2016, 6, 3061-3071.
33. L. Nguyen, S. Zhang, L. Wang, Y. Li, H. Yoshida, A. Patlolla, S. Takeda, A. I. Frenkel and F. Tao, Reduction of Nitric Oxide with Hydrogen on Catalysts of Singly Dispersed Bimetallic Sites Pt1Com and Pd1Con, ACS Catalysis, 2016, 6, 840-850.
34. Y. Li, D. Zakharov, S. Zhao, R. Tappero, U. Jung, A. Elsen, P. Baumann, R. G. Nuzzo, E. A. Stach and A. I. Frenkel, Complex structural dynamics of nanocatalysts revealed in Operando conditions by correlated imaging and spectroscopy probes, Nature Communications, 2015, 6, 7583.
35. Y. Amit, Y. Li, A. I. Frenkel and U. Banin, From Impurity Doping to Metallic Growth in Diffusion Doping: Properties and Structure of Silver-Doped InAs Nanocrystals, ACS Nano, 2015, 9, 10790-10800.
36. S. Zhao, Y. Li, E. Stavitski, R. Tappero, S. Crowley, M. J. Castaldi, D. N. Zakharov, R. G. Nuzzo, A. I. Frenkel and E. A. Stach, Operando Characterization of Catalysts through use of a Portable Microreactor, ChemCatChem, 2015, 7, 3683-3691.
37. E. A. Stach, Y. Li, S. Zhao, A. Gamalski, D. Zakharov, R. Tappero, K. Chen-Weigart, J. Thieme, U. Jung, A. Elsen, Q. Wu, A. Orlov, J. Chen, R. G. Nuzzo and A. Frenkel, Characterizing Working Catalysts with Correlated Electron and Photon Probes, Microscopy and Microanalysis, 2015, 21, 563-564.
38. A. Elsen, U. Jung, F. Vila, Y. Li, O. V. Safonova, R. Thomas, M. Tromp, J. J. Rehr, R. G. Nuzzo and A. I. Frenkel, Intracluster Atomic and Electronic Structural Heterogeneities in Supported Nanoscale Metal Catalysts, The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2015, 119, 25615-25627.
39. S. Lwin, Y. Li, A. I. Frenkel and I. E. Wachs, Activation of Surface ReOx Sites on Al2O3 Catalysts for Olefin Metathesis, ACS Catalysis, 2015, 5, 6807-6814.
40. H. Liu, W. An, Y. Li, A. I. Frenkel, K. Sasaki, C. Koenigsmann, D. Su, R. M. Anderson, R. M. Crooks, R. R. Adzic, P. Liu and S. S. Wong, In Situ Probing of the Active Site Geometry of Ultrathin Nanowires for the Oxygen Reduction Reaction, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2015, 137, 12597-12609.
41. U. Jung, A. Elsen, Y. Li, J. G. Smith, M. W. Small, E. A. Stach, A. I. Frenkel and R. G. Nuzzo, Comparative in Operando Studies in Heterogeneous Catalysis: Atomic and Electronic Structural Features in the Hydrogenation of Ethylene over Supported Pd and Pt Catalysts, ACS Catalysis, 2015, 5, 1539-1551.
42. S. Lwin, C. Keturakis, J. Handzlik, P. Sautet, Y. Li, A. I. Frenkel and I. E. Wachs, Surface ReOx Sites on Al2O3 and Their Molecular Structure–Reactivity Relationships for Olefin Metathesis, ACS Catalysis, 2015, 5, 1432-1444.
43. R. Korobko, A. Lerner, Y. Li, E. Wachtel, A. I. Frenkel and I. Lubomirsky, In-situ extended X-ray absorption fine structure study of electrostriction in Gd doped ceria, Applied Physics Letters, 2015, 106, 042904.
44. J. M. Patete, J. Han, A. L. Tiano, H. Liu, M.-G. Han, J. W. Simonson, Y. Li, A. C. Santulli, M. C. Aronson, A. I. Frenkel, Y. Zhu and S. S. Wong, Observation of Ferroelectricity and Structure-Dependent Magnetic Behavior in Novel One-Dimensional Motifs of Pure, Crystalline Yttrium Manganese Oxides, The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2014, 118, 21695-21705.
45. J. Shan, W. Huang, L. Nguyen, Y. Yu, S. Zhang, Y. Li, A. I. Frenkel and F. Tao, Conversion of Methane to Methanol with a Bent Mono(μ-oxo)dinickel Anchored on the Internal Surfaces of Micropores, Langmuir, 2014, 30, 8558-8569.
46. Y. Li, H. Cheng, L. Yang, Z. Sun and S. Wei, XAFS studies of Au nanocrystals passivated by different surfactants, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 2013, 430, 012032.
47. E. A. Stach, D. Zakharov, M. C. Akatay, P. Baumann, F. Ribeiro, Y. Zvienevich, Y. Li and A. Frenkel, Developments in environmental transmission electron microscopy for catalysis research, Microscopy and Microanalysis, 2013, 19, 1174-1175.
48. E. A. Stach, P. Baumann, Y. Li, D. Zakharov and A. Frenkel, Using Operando Methods to Characterize Working Catalysts with TEM, XAS, EXAFS and Raman Spectroscopy, Microscopy and Microanalysis, 2013, 19, 1674-1675.
49. Y. Li, S. Liu, T. Yao, Z. Sun, Z. Jiang, Y. Huang, H. Cheng, Y. Huang, Y. Jiang, Z. Xie, G. Pan, W. Yan and S. Wei, Controllable synthesis of gold nanoparticles with ultrasmall size and high monodispersity via continuous supplement of precursor, Dalton Transactions, 2012, 41, 11725-11730.
50. Y. Li, H. Cheng, T. Yao, Z. Sun, W. Yan, Y. Jiang, Y. Xie, Y. Sun, Y. Huang, S. Liu, J. Zhang, Y. Xie, T. Hu, L. Yang, Z. Wu and S. Wei, Hexane-Driven Icosahedral to Cuboctahedral Structure Transformation of Gold Nanoclusters, Journal of the American ChemicalSociety, 2012, 134, 17997-18003.
51. T. Yao, S. Liu, Z. Sun, Y. Li, S. He, H. Cheng, Y. Xie, Q. Liu, Y. Jiang, Z. Wu, Z. Pan, W. Yan and S. Wei, Probing Nucleation Pathways for Morphological Manipulation of Platinum Nanocrystals, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2012, 134, 9410-9416.
52. Y. Jiang, P. Yin, Y. Li, Z. Sun, Q. Liu, T. Yao, H. Cheng, F. Hu, Z. Xie, B. He, G. Pan and S. Wei, Modifying the Atomic and Electronic Structures of Gold Nanocrystals via Changing the Chain Length of n-Alkanethiol Ligands, The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2012, 116, 24999-25003.
53. F. Hu, Q. Liu, Z. Sun, T. Yao, Z. Pan, Y. Li, J. He, B. He, Z. Xie, W. Yan and S. Wei, Cu and Co codoping effects on room-temperature ferromagnetism of (Co,Cu):ZnO dilute magnetic semiconductors, Journal of Applied Physics, 2011, 109, 103705.
54. Y. Feng, Z. Xie, Z. Sun, J. Zhang, T. Yao, Y. Li, Z. Wu, L. Zheng, Z. Pan and S. Wei, Local structure of Se nanotube investigated by X-ray absorption fine structure spectroscopy, Rendiconti Lincei, 2011, 22, 17-24.
55. Y. Li, Q. Liu, T. Yao, Z. Pan, Z. Sun, Y. Jiang, H. Zhang, Z. Pan, W. Yan and S. Wei, Hexagonal BaTi1−xCoxO3 phase stabilized by Co dopants, Applied Physics Letters, 2010, 96, 091905.
56. T. Yao, Z. Sun, Y. Li, Z. Pan, H. Wei, Y. Xie, M. Nomura, Y. Niwa, W. Yan, Z. Wu, Y. Jiang, Q. Liu and S. Wei, Insights into Initial Kinetic Nucleation of Gold Nanocrystals, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2010, 132, 7696-7701.
57. H. Zhang, T. Yao, Z. Sun, Y. Li, Q. Liu, F. Hu, Z. Pan, B. He, Z. Xie and S. Wei, Structural Study on Co−Ni Bimetallic Nanoparticles by X-ray Spectroscopy, The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2010, 114, 13596-13600.
58. W. Yan, Z. Sun, Q. Liu, T. Yao, Q. Jiang, F. Hu, Y. Li, J. He, Y. Peng and S. Wei, Mediating distribution of magnetic Co ions by Cr-codoping in (Co,Cr): ZnO thin films, Applied Physics Letters, 2010, 97, 042504.
59. Y. Jiang, W. Yan, Z. Sun, Q. Liu, Z. Pan, T. Yao, Y. Li, Z. Qi, G. Zhang, P. Xu, Z. Wu and S. Wei, Experimental and theoretical investigations on ferromagnetic nature of Mn-doped dilute magnetic semiconductors, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 2009, 190, 012100.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: