Motivated professional with over 25 years of proven experience in leadership and cross-sector collaboration groups. Effective communicator and relationship cultivator with lead personnel, team members and community stakeholders with a willingness to take on innovative approaches to develop workplace and program specific outcomes that cultivate life-enhancing opportunities.
Trainer, James Bowman Associates: Center for Health Training, Austin, TX, November 2005 – October 2010
Trainer, University of Georgia: Center for Family Research, Athens, GA, August 2005 – July 2008
Trainer, University of Miami Center for Treatment Research on Adolescent Drug Abuse, Miami, FL July 2005 –August 2005
Emphasis on Narrative Writing for spiritual healing
1. DiClemente, R. J., Rosenbaum, J. E., Rose, E. S., Sales, J. M., Brown, J. L., Renfro, T. L., ... & Ewing, S. W. F. (2021). Horizons and Group Motivational Enhancement Therapy: HIV Prevention for Alcohol-Using Young Black Women, a Randomized Experiment. American Journal of Preventive Medicine.
2. Becan, J.E., Fisher, J.H., Johnson, I.D., Bartkowski, J.P., Seaver, R., Gardner, S.K., Aarons, G.A., Renfro, T.L., Muiruri, R., Blackwell, L. and Piper, K.N., (2020). Improving Substance Use Services for Juvenile Justice-Involved Youth: Complexity of Process Improvement Plans in a Large Scale Multi-site Study. Administration and Policy in Mental Health and Mental Health Services Research, pp.1-14.
3. Wingood, G. M., Lambert, D., Renfro, T., Ali, M., & DiClemente, R. J. (2019). A multilevel intervention with African American churches to enhance adoption of point-of-care HIV and diabetes testing, 2014–2018. American Journal of Public Health, 109(S2), S141-S144.
4. Woods-Jaeger, B., Berkley-Patton, J., Piper, K. N., O'Connor, P., Renfro, T. L., & Christensen, K. (2019). Mitigating negative consequences of community violence exposure: perspectives from African American youth. Health Affairs, 38(10), 1679-1686.
5. Renfro, T.L., Johnson, E., Lambert, D. N., Wingood, G., DiClemente, R. J. (2018). The MEDIA model: An innovative method for digitizing and training community members to facilitate an HIV prevention intervention. Translational Behavioral Medicine.
6. Wingood, G.M., Robinson, L.R., Braxton, N.D., Er, D.L., Conner, A.C., Renfro, T.L., Rubtsova, A.A., Hardin, J.W., DiClemente, R.J. (2013). Comparative Effectiveness of a Faith-Based HIV Intervention for African American Women: Importance of Enhancing Religious Social Capital. American Journal of Public Health, 103 (12), 2226-2233.
7. Latham, T. P., Sales, J. M., Renfro, T. L., Boyce, L. S., Rose, E., Murray, C., Wingood, G. M., and DiClemente, R. J. (2011). Employing a teen advisory board to adapt an evidence-based HIV/STD intervention for incarcerated African American adolescent women. Health Education Research, 27(5), 895-903.
8. Latham, T. P., Sales, J. M., Boyce, L. S., Renfro, T. L., Wingood, G. M., DiClemente, R. J., and Rose, E. (2010). Application of ADAPT-ITT: Adapting an evidence-based HIV prevention intervention for incarcerated African American Adolescent Females. Health Promotion Practice, 11(Supplement 1), 53S-60S.
1. Brown, J.L., Anastasakis, I., Revzina, N., Capasso, A., Boeva, E., Rassokhin, V., Crusey, A., Sales, J., Hitch, A., Renfro, T., DiClemente, R. Development and Cultural Adaptation of a Computer-Delivered and Multi-Component Alcohol Reduction Intervention for Russian Women Living with HIV and HCV.
1. Lemon, E.D., Woods-Jaeger, B., Chaćon, L., Santiago, C., Sainz, M., Renfro, T.L., Crookes, D., & Urbina, B. Addressing the impact of systemic oppression on COVID-related psychosocial outcomes among Latino immigrant families: A Community-Based Participatory Research study in the southeast.
2. Jahangir, T., Lemon, E.D., Ogbeide, I., Lucas, D., Latimer, S., Adams, A., Bates, A., Renfro, T.L. & Woods-Jaeger, B. Photovoice as Anti-Racist Praxis: Building Critical Consciousness among Black youth to Address Structural Racism.
3. Woods-Jaeger, B., Piper, K.N., Elder, A., Ash, M., Gonzalez, J. Renfro, T.L., & Ramirez, M. Addressing racial trauma in the public school system: Perceptions and experiences among students, parents, and school staff.
3. Woods-Jaeger, B., Elder, A., Renfro, T.L., Hampton-Anderson, J., Holloway, J., Whaley, J., Cave,C., & Berkley-Patton, J. Advancing Racial Equity through Adapting an Evidenced-Based Trauma and Chronic Stress Intervention to Address Racial Trauma.
1. Piper, K., Elder, A.,Hernandez, A., Nam, Y., Renfro, T.L., Iwan, A., Ramirez, M., & Woods-Jaeger, B. (2020). Culturally responsive family engagemen: implications for school-based trauma-informed interventions. Oral presentation at the 2020 APHA Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA.
2. Ramirez, M, Harding, A., Iwan, A., Ryan, A., Church, T., Yoney, E., Renfro, T.L., & Woods-Jaeger, B. (2020). Developing a waitlist randomized controlled trial of link for equity, a culturally responsive program of trauma-informed care. Oral presentation at the 2020 APHA Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA.
3. Woods-Jaeger,B., Wade, C., Price, D., O'Connor, P., Miller, T., Renfro, T.L., Boykin, B., Christsensen, K. & Berkley-Patton, J. (2020) Building Bonds, healing youth: Partnering with African American youth to develop a resilience intervention for youth exposed to community violence. Oral Presentatiion at the 2020 APHA Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA.
4. Woods-Jaeger, B., Berkley-Patton, J., O'Connor, P., & Renfro, T. (2019). Self-regulation and help-seeking among African American youth exposed to community violence. Paper presented at Anxiety and Depression Association of America, Chicago, IL.
5. Johnson, E., Reece, D., Lambert, D., Piper, K., Nguyen, A., Tanus, A., Renfro, T., Wingood, G. (November) How Can We Make It Happen? Factors that affect successful program implementation in faith-based settings. Oral presentation at the 2017 APHA Annual Meeting & Expo, Atlanta, GA.
6. Lambert, D., Nguyen, A., Tanus, A., Piper, K., Reece, D., Renfro, T., Wingood, G. (November) Capitalizing on a Digital Age within the African American Church: Sexual health, social media, and support for online prevention methods. Oral presentation at the 2017 APHA Annual Meeting & Expo, Atlanta, GA.
7. Lambert, D.N., Renfro, T., Wingood, G., Johnson, E. (2017) Successes and Challenges of Disseminating a Faith-Based HIV Prevention Program: Perspectives from Program Participants. Oral presentation at the 2017 APHA Annual Meeting & Expo, Atlanta, GA.
8. Renfro, T., Lambert, D.N., Wingood, G. (November) Yes we can: The capacity of predominantly African American churches to implement a faith-based HIV prevention program utilizing a digitized dissemination toolkit. Oral presentation at the 2017 APHA Annual Meeting & Expo, Atlanta, GA.
9. Renfro, T., Lambert, D.N., Wingood, G. (November) Evaluating the uptake of a digitized training of facilitators (TOF) toolkit to implement a faith-based HIV prevention intervention within African American churches. Oral presentation at the 2017 APHA Annual Meeting & Expo, Atlanta, GA.
10. Renfro, T., Lambert, D.N., Braxton, N.D, Robinson, L., Wingood, G. (2016) Intervention Trainings Transforming the Field: Dissemination of a Faith-Based HIV Prevention Facilitation Training. Oral Presentation at the 2016 APHA Annual Meeting & Expo, Denver, CO.
11. Renfro, T., Davis, T. L., Boyce, L., Sales, J. M., DiClemente, R. J., Rose, E. (2011). HORIZONS: Understanding core intervention components of a best-practice HIV prevention intervention for African American adolescent females. SOPHE-NACDD 2011 Joint Academy & Midyear Scientific Meeting, Poster Presentation, Albuquerque, NM.
12. Latham, T.P., Sales, J. M., Boyce, L. S., Renfro, T. L., Wingood, G. M., DiClemente, R. J., Rose, E. (2010) Application of ADAPT-ITT: Adapting an Evidence-based HIV Prevention Intervention for Incarcerated African American Adolescent Females. 2010 SOPHE 61stAnnual Meeting, Oral Presentation, Denver, CO.
14. Renfro T., Bradley, E., Sales J.M, DiClemente, R.J. (2009) Breaking Down the Barriers: Facilitating Communication with Adolescents about Sexual Decision Making. Emory University Religion and Public Health Collaborative, Poster Presentation. Atlanta, GA.
15. Bradley E, Ukuku M, Renfro T.L, Sales JM, DiClemente RJ. (2000) Faith as a facilitator: Uncovering mediators of sexual risk behavior. American Public Health Association, Poster Presentation, Philadelphia, PA.
16. Renfro, T., Stewart, L., Latham T. P.(2008). Measuring the usability of an assessment tool for SiHLE: An effective intervention EBI being implemented at an HBCU. SOPHE 2008 Midyear Scientific Conference, Poster Presentation, Chicago, IL.
17. Stewart L., Renfro T.(2007) Developing An Assessment Tool that Measures the Effectiveness of an Evidence-Based Intervention at HBCUs. Family Institute Conference, Oral Presentation, Atlanta, GA.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: