Detail-oriented Research Assistant with hands-on experience performing clinical and laboratory work to advance research goals. Highly proficient in conducting comprehensive literature reviews, providing computational research support and preparing samples and specimens for testing. Proven public and speaking skills.
Johnston, M., Sobhi, H., El Hajjar, A., (2020). Synthesis and Characterization of Substrates for Grafting Polymers Used in Medical Plastics. Manuscript submitted for publication.
El Hajjar, A., Jackson-Shaheed, B., Hirsch, L., Altalib, H., (2020, April). Incidence of Anti-Epileptic Drug Related Falls. Poster session to be presented at the Annual American Academy of Neurology, Toronto, Ontario.
El Hajjar, A., Johnston, M., (2020, April). Synthesis of Branched Molecules for use in Grafting Copolymerization. Submitted for a poster session
Mahmoud, N., El Hajjar, A., Sivaraju, A., (2020). EEG Abnormalities and its association with NIH Stroke Scale and Stroke Location in Acute Ischemic Stroke- A Retrospective Observational Analysis. Submitted for a poster session
Daughters for Life Scholarship, fully covered undergraduate scholarship offered by Daughters For Life foundation to scholastically achieved females from the Middle East
Manhattanville College Chemistry Honors Program, for earning at least a B+ overall average in chemistry courses, in addition to taking additional chemistry elective courses, participating in Honors research during senior year and preparing a senior honors thesis for it
CRC Press Award, Spring 2017, Chemistry Achievement Award in recognition of Outstanding Scholastic Achievement in First Year Chemistry- Manhattanville College
ACS, Division of polymeric Materials, Spring 2018, Science and Engineering and the Industrial Sponsors award for Outstanding Performance in Organic Chemistry
Excellence in French, Spring 2019, certificate of achievement-Manhattanville College
Human Subject Protection Training, Good Clinical Practice Course Stage 1, HIPAA Privacy and Security for Researchers, CPR/AED Red Cross, OSHA trained.
Coursera Certification: "Understanding Clinical Research: Behind the Statistics"
Unite Lebanon Youth Project (NGO)- Beirut, Lebanon
Volunteer 2017 and 2018
• Researched colleges, universities and scholarships for partnerships for its Bridge Scholarship Program
• Assisted with administrative duties for 30+ different programs in this organization
• Mentored prospective university students with their admission, financial, and scholarship applications
American Chemical Society
• Organize and execute fundraisers, as well as educational and entertaining events to increase the campus's interest in Chemistry.
• Work with board members to manage the club's dues, budget, meetings and social media
• Handle administrative responsibilities for the club
Treasurer 2017- 2019
• Tracked and maintained club's income and expenditures
• Created an annual financial report for the club
Daughters for Life Club
• Conduct campus wide events about women empowerment and achievements
• Arrange panels to challenge the stereotypes of women from the Middle East
• Presented in the DFL Gala 2019 as a panelist in order to promote education and educational scholarships
Academic Resource Center
Peer Tutor 2017&2020
Taught individualized study skills and reviewed coursework for Principles of Chemistry I &II and Calculus I
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: