Seasoned Program Management professional with over 15 years of expertise in public health and clinical care settings fostering solid partnerships with key community stakeholders.
Adept in successfully managing well-rounded programs and campaigns. Highly skilled leader able to execute complex projects at all organizational levels. Proven ability to establish top-tier teams, bolster revenue, and secure significant savings. Identify and capitalizes on growth opportunities with effective negotiation skills, impeccable follow-through techniques, and expert customer relations skills. Well-versed in cultivating key relationships through exceptional communication with all levels of professionals from diverse backgrounds.
● Program Management
● Performance Monitoring
● Cross-Functional Leadership
● Strategic Development
● Contract Management
● Effective Communication
● Community Partnerships
● Relationship Building
● Problem Solving
Utah Naloxone Program
Establish a high-caliber team through extensive recruitment, training, and mentoring. Orchestrate technical assistance efforts to boost collaborative drug user health service delivery for in-state, multisectoral agencies. Foster relationships with community partners, public health immunization programs, state and federal agencies, project stakeholders, and community organizations to increase program reach. Create and assess project resources to meet grant deliverables and stakeholder needs. Regulate multiple projects, including a free drug user health center, patient navigation services, statewide CBO overdose reversals and community naloxone distribution reporting standards, and emergency response COVID-19 vaccination outreach.
● Generate an increase of $800K in contract amendments year over year by examining report developments that focus on program outcome and contract deliverables.
● Achieve a 600% increase in program participation over 12 months through the development and implementation of numerous harm reduction education and wellness projects.
● Champion a savings of more than $350K in the first year by acquiring supplies prohibited to purchase with federal funds through donations, obtaining more than one million syringes.
Contributed to a community partner collaboration and networking to formulate resources necessary for participants, such as small food banks and vaccinations. Forged community and stakeholder relationships to achieve program objectives. Led technical assistance/capacity-building efforts collaborating with the State Health Department for LHDs and CBOs, preparing the community for program implementation and processes. Oversaw grant management analysis and reporting from local, state, and federal project funding streams.
● Secured an additional $150K in annual contract funding due to strategic, operational improvements.
● Achieved project objectives and contracts regardless of barriers with Ryan White Early Intervention services (EIS) funding.
● Spearheaded the first state-funded mobile syringe exchange and testing program.
● Ensured thousands were vaccinated by providing a TA to local health departments targeting outreach and vaccination hesitancy.
● Delivered SME to CDC for pioneering a grassroots hepatitis A vaccine outreach project for housed individuals who inject drugs, generating thousands of vaccinated residents and contributing to lower transmission rates nationwide
Delivered technical support to local organizations concerning legal and mandatory public health policies and procedures. Formulated and instituted a syringe exchange policy and procedure consultation to the State Health Department. Supported the disease investigation project objective adherence and timelines. Organized community testing and educational events. Offered TA to a major healthcare system focused on implementing new testing services.
● Presided as a Liaison for stakeholders, CBOs, and LHD for new projects, which led to enhanced services and communication.
● Launched county-wide SME for healthcare providers testing and treating syphilis, to achieve better health outcomes.
Led daily operations and volunteer management. Cultivated and instituted culturally competent educational curricula. Delivered technical support for new project implementation. Examined and monitored all project progression for individual projects. Monitored the daily operations of test sites, including schedules, lab reporting, and follow-up. Produced monthly HIV/STI educational newsletters to ensure volunteers and staff were up to date on the latest technology and patient navigation for clients newly diagnosed with HIV.
● Instrumental in introducing a peer support program for newly diagnosed HIV positive clients and re-engage previously diagnosed HIV clients.
Expertly managed all patient care and education. Orchestrated shift assignments and staff scheduling. Delivered clinical care to Trauma 1 patients, including IV placement, phlebotomy, CRP, airway management, medical documentation following HIPAA standards, triage, prevention education, and specimen collection within a five-state radius. Collaborated with providers in assessing patient status and identifying healthcare interventions.
● Proposed an innovative Lead Technician position within the department leading onboarding standard of care responsibilities and training objectives, which was approved and then implemented.
Health Resource and Service Administration (HSRA) RFP/Grant Review Committee
Utah HIV Planning Group
Intermountain West Harm Reduction Coalition
Utah Syringe Exchange Network (USEN)
Opioid Safety and Naloxone Network (OSNN)
NACCHO M&E Advisory Panel
Utah Coalition for Opioid Overdose Prevention (UCO-OP)
Salt Lake County & Utah State Opioid Task Force
Carbon/EmeryCounty Opioid and Substance Use Coalition
National Coalition for Sexual Health & STD Directors
Hepatitis A Virus Outbreak Community Partner, Salt Lake County Health Department Board of Directors, 2018
Strategies for Addressing Polysubstance Use. Invited Presenter (2021). New Mexico Department of Health TeleEcho
PrEPared to Support Women and Their Sexual Health: Women Having Their Say About PrEP. Invited Subject Matter Expert Panelist (2021). NCSD Webinar Series
American Public Health Association (APHA) Denver, CO. Oral Presentation (2021). Christensen M, Fratto E, Plumb J. "Expanding harm reduction programming: Access to focused medical services in the setting of one organization's syringe exchange program."
North American Congress of Clinical Toxicology (NACCT) Atlanta, GA. Published Abstract (2021). Plumb J, Harris D, Plumb JS, Fratto E, Vincent M, Drage DR, Christensen M. "People Who Use Drugs Are Saving Lives. Injectable Naloxone Rescue Kits and Syringe Exchange Services Participants."
Pediatric Academic Societies (PAS) Virtual Poster Presentation (2020). Plumb J, Christensen M, Plumb JS, Davis C, Zimmerli J. "Pediatric Opioid Events in the Emergency Department Setting: One healthcare system's encounters 2014-2016."
PrEP Panel Discussion. Invited Panelist (2019). First Annual HIV Prevention in Primary Care Conference
Society for Academic Emergency Medicine SAEM) Las Vegas, NV (2019). Plumb J, Rezac P, Sadler PR, Christensen M, Plumb JS, Anderson J, Zimmerli J. "Naloxone rescue kits used by participants of a syringe exchange program: Guess who is saving lives?"
North American Congress of Clinical Toxicology (NAACT) Chicago, IL. Published Abstract (2018). Rezac P, Sadler PR, Christensen M, Plumb JS, Anderson J, Zimmerli J, Plumb J. "Naloxone rescue kits used by participants of a syringe exchange program: Is 0.4 mg intramuscular injectable dosing enough?"
National Harm Reduction Coalition Conference New Orleans, LA. Round Table Presentation (2018). Plumb J, Rezac P, Christensen M, Fox M, Weaver N, Sadler. "A Harm Reductionist, Health Educator, Fire Fighter, Pharmacist, Doc, and a Cop Walk into a Bar...Finding Success Across Perceived Enemy Lines"
Utah Environmental Health Association Fall Conference. Invited Presenter (2017). The Benefits of Syringe Exchange and Naloxone Outreach
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: