Dear Hiring Manager I am writing this letter to express my interest in the graphic designer opening as advertised on LinkedIn. From day one, I believe that I can begin making valuable contributions to the design team at Yale University. I possess a wide range of abilities that combine innovative art and design principles. Furthermore, my expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, HTML and CSS will allow me to play a crucial role in the implementation of your design initiatives.
Partnered with institution to create a complete new brand aesthetic, new website, and design-focused courses. Relied heavily on strategic design thinking to generate user-focused solutions that achieved functionality goals for both users, parents, and potential new clients. Created personas, information architecture, wireframes, prototypes, and interactional and functional specifications. Liaised with key stakeholders to define requirements and modify current processes to meet business needs. Educated and instructed students in Graphic Design and Digital Photography courses.
• Overhauled visual identity and generated new visual collateral including the organization website, logo, and cohesive print deliverables.
• Developed original and customized design solutions by carefully analyzing user needs, competing educational services, design constraints, and business goals.
• Significantly improved the usability and functionality of the website which resulted in elevation of conversion rates from new to engaged users.
• Influenced future roadmaps and shaped current features in close collaboration with service and engineering teams.
• Utilized National Core Standards to spearhead the establishment of the HS Visual Design Curriculum including courses in Digital Photography, Graphic Design, Ceramics, and Contemporary Art.
• Advanced student technical skills in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Lightroom, and Bridge.
Elevated a client base of consumers with various visual needs including interactive design solutions, brand identities, custom artwork, and media across both print and digital platforms.
• Defined internal planning methodologies and approach guidelines; facilitated adoption across multiple project teams.
• Created digital and print collateral using a variety of applications.
• Worked with Design Managers and Product Managers to define priorities and scope for new domains and services.
• Ensured design reflects the brand look-and-feel by following brand standards and actively help develop graphic standards
• Mentored and collaborated with partner teams across startups about product design, tools, guidelines, and influencing related product road-maps as the service is integrated across touch-points.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: