Jan brings 45+ years of broad-based expertise in telecommunication, electronics, and computer industries. From manufacturing and installation of telephone equipment through design, installation, and service of computer interfaces, peripherals, and complex computer systems, TQM (Total Quality Management), establishment and management of new divisions within a large industry leader organization as well startup and management of a new independent small business enterprise. Adept at turning around inefficient operations and assisting in establish new ones. Consistent in bringing projects within tight deadlines and under budget.
Key areas of expertise include:
• International Sales and Marketing
• Founded a new small business enterprise specializing in service, outsourcing and sales and support of IT (Information Technology) products and services – specializing in custom solutions and hardware legacy products to selected engineering and Government and Prime Contractors (working with Litton Guidance and Control Systems (Northridge, CA), Northrop-Grumman Navigation Systems (Woodland-Hills, CA), NAVAIR (San Diego, CA) Digital Equipment (DEC) Logistics (Resedaley CA and San Diego, CA) – and others.
• AS OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) partner with Digital Equipment Corporation Semiconductors Division design and manufactured several custom high-performance workstations for Air Space, Engineering, CAD/CAM and entertainment industry customers.
• Established partnership relations with key industry manufacturers and distributors, including DEC / Compaq and now HP, DELL, Kodak, Xerox, Quantum, Brocade, Cisco, Tech Data, Ingram Micro, AVNET, Synnex, and others.
• Become a recognized reseller of computer spare parts and legacy/aftermarket products in domestic and international marketplace
- served needs of over 70,000 clients during the past 25 years
- combined revenue exceeding $30 million, of which some 30-35% came from products exported to other countries.
• In 1998-2000 as a contractor/partner established and managed products refurbishing and re-certification department within Cosmic Sales (in Valencia, CA) – a reseller of computer products.
- Supported and co-managed a staff of 12 technicians, 6 logistics, 8 sales,
and administration personnel.
- Supplied some 500 per month re-certified personal computers and peripherals
to school districts across California, assisting in significant savings on their allocated
and forecast IT budget and costs.
• In 2010 co-developed e-commerce marketing custom solutions and operation
- rapidly increased revenue by over $5 mln during the next 3-4 years
• Regularly attended trade-shows and conferences, training seminars, and certification courses
• Developed administrative processes, trained staff, administered computer network systems supporting the company operation. Introduced inventory control and document processing systems.
• Established and maintained a library of technical references and on-line access to computer databases, including Digital E-Store, DECUS, CompuServe and Internet.
• Defined marketing strategies and developed promotional materials, participated in
major trade shows. Established close relations with major manufacturers, suppliers,
and new clients.
• Consulted foreign clients and dealers on sourcing and export of the U.S.A. made new and aftermarket products.
Jan was hired by the supplier and reseller of computer systems to participate in start-up operations in a highly competitive market.
• Jan developed equipment repairing procedures to allow the company to become an
authorized repair center for Digital's monitors and keyboards.
Designed and set up the required facilities and also trained technical staf
• Enhanced market position for on-site computer maintenance and depot repairs of
computer systems and peripherals
- Provided internal and external consulting on hardware and software installation.
- Established pricing structure tools for products and services. Assisted sales personnel in pre-sale negotiations with clients.
Jan was recruited by an industry leader as a manufacturing and installation specialist, rapidly promoted to key management positions in areas of quality and customer engineering.
• Planned and managed installation of over 500 large and mini and Enterprise level computer systems in less than two years
- Directed all operations from computer room design, installation planning and delivery, quality control management, and final acceptance by customers.
• Established and directed the Product Refurbishment Center in Sydney, Australia.
- Processed over 100 systems and add-on parts requests per month.
• Established and managed the Technical Editing Center for the company's Australia /
New Zealand office supporting Sales and Order Processing, Product quality control and Export Compliance monitoring.
- Has improved overall quality of customer orders from 65% rejections by Manufacturing
to 98% being correct within the first two years.
- Co-managed Pre-Sales Support and Product Procurement operation processing
over $140mln value of orders annually utilizing SAP platform and direct interaction with sales management
• Established and directed Systems Staging and Integration Center.
- Developed the “Systems Methods Packs” - instructions manuals outlining the process of systems and options integration and testing.
- Has planned, scheduled and supervised assembly, troubleshooting, software installation and final acceptance of larger systems, workstations, and PCs processing 700 systems per month on average.
• Developed systems integration and reconfiguration process for Systems Logistics department managing a multi-million-dollar inventory of warehoused stock
- Helped to reduce inventory on-hand by 35-40% ($3M) in 2 years.
• Improved Australian operations and worked within the team, bringing the company to the world-class 150-9000 levels within two years.
• Assigned to the role of Product Quality Manager for S.P.R. (South Pacific Region
that included Australia, New Zealand and Fiji ) operation.
Jan's education, combined with his work experience were assessed and evaluated in 1993 by a professional and reputable assessor providing service to US Immigration and Naturalization Service - Bruce Gilchrist, Ph.D. and as equivalent to Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering Technology.
(the copy of the evaluation letter is available upon request).
Completed numerous advanced professional/technical courses just to mention a few:
• Essentials of Export Controls
• HP Technical Symposium Conference and Training
• Kodak ECM Sales Training, Kodak Capture Pro Software certification
• B2G (Business to Government) Mastery Training Program
• Novel Netware Engineer
• Identity Theft Risk Management
• MSP University - 6 days boot camp (CEO, Sales and Marketing tracks)
• XEROX “The Black Partner Road Show” Managed Printer Services training
• GovSolv – Government Contracting conferences and training in Dallas, TX and in Greenville, SC by Synnex Corporation – a major
distributor of IT technologies.
• NAVFAC EXWC INDUSTRY DAY focused on Cyber Security, Control Systems, and Machine Learning in Ventura, CA
Passionate about working in the Information Technology industry, helping others and developing and supporting more efficient
methods to manage the business operations.
In excellent health. Jan's Leisure activities include sailing, skiing, cycling, travel, and music.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: