Highly motivated, enthusiastic nursing graduate aspiring to practice, acquire and improve skills to promote health across the nursing care continuum. Recognised as a competent team member, effective communicator and collaborative within interdisciplinary teams.Empathetic Care Worker with sensitive and compassionate approach to cultivating trusting, stimulating and varied lifestyle for residents. Offers enhanced care with flexible learning approach for patients. Experience in hospital and in-home settings providing guidance and encouragement to patients through physical and emotional support.
Nov,2019-Dec,2019 (8 weeks)
Intensive Care Unit, Royal Adelaide Hospital
· For each individual case, I observed patient closely, noted specific procedures and prescribed medications.
· Monitoring patient's fluid intake and output to detect emerging problems, such as fluid and electrolyte imbalance.
· Administer medicines and developed a care plan for the patients under supervision of registered nurses.
· Documented patient treatment plans, interventions, outcomes and consulted with RN and other health care team members whenever required.
· Monitoring all aspects of patient care, including their diet, nutritional status and physical activity.
May to July 2019 (6 weeks)
Lyell McEwin Hospital, 2B Surgical ward
· Developed therapeutic relationships with clients from different cultural background (Aboriginal people and people from other countries) and sustained it throughout healthcare continuum.
· Performed stoma care, wound dressings by using aseptic techniques.
· Monitored and recorded vital signs and blood glucose levels.
· Provided holistic of care for patients by actively being involved in the physical assessment and interventions, and augmented patient outcome of the intended intervention.
September, 2018 (2weeks)
ACH Milpara, Aged care
• Provided direct care and ADL's for residents of high, low and specialized dementia care
• Monitored and assessed health of residents
• Documented accurate client care records
• Ensured safe and clean working environment through making beds, using safe manual-handling techniques and appropriate clinical hygiene and health and safety practices.
Achievement: Identified normal ageing patterns, age related and aged acquired illness including chronic conditions. Assessed plan and implement effective communication and intervention strategies for the safe nursing care of older adults with compromised cognitive function.
December, 2018 (2 weeks)
Lyell McEwin Hospital, Coronary Care Unit
· Provided a compassionate person-centered care to the patients with development of therapeutic relationships.
· Undertook full patient assessment and wound assessment, and documentation.
· Administered medicines and developed a care plan for the patients under supervision of registered nurses.
· Worked with RNs for completing patient admission procedures, pre and post-op care, and also involved in providing education during discharge from the hospital
· Worked as team member and collaborated with the multi-disciplinary healthcare team towards the goal of patient rehabilitation.
April to May 2018 (4 weeks)
Mount Gambier Private Hospital, Private ward
· Administerd medications under direct supervision of RNs.
· Undertook patient's assessment, documentation, and learned about different types of treatments, drugs and their pathophysiology.
· Worked with registered nurses for completing patient admission procedures and also involved in providing education during discharge from the hospital.
· Demonstrated excellent collaborative, leadership, teaching, and interpersonal skills.
Janet Smith- Clinical Facilitator
Dr. Harkirat Singh Bath
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: