LLMSW with experience serving members of the community through diverse volunteer work, educational and internship experiences; most recently at a cancer wellness center. Experienced with strengths-based approaches to counseling, and through coursework, have become educated on trauma-informed therapy, suicide prevention training, treatment planning, and bio-psychosocial assessments. Effective at working with clients from a wide range of backgrounds and enthusiastic about providing meaningful support and services to clients in disadvantaged environments.
Limited Licensed Social Worker
- Taught English as a second language to children ages 2-16 living in China through an online platform.
- Modified lesson plans according to each child's learning abilities and motivators.
- Organized and led learning activities designed to promote mental, physical, and social development.
-Provided lesson and learning feedback for parents of children after each lesson.
-Reviewed homework assignments to better gauge students' learning progress and ability to grasp new concepts
-Cultivated relationships with parents for complete support network
- Worked alongside team members to create a welcoming, clean and professional environment.
- Thoroughly educated myself on company policies and practices.
-Regularly passed tests provided by employer to display self-efficiency on maintaining knowledge learned.
-Created positive relationships with customers and consistently maintained positive image of the business.
-Educated clients on health and safety of tanning facilities and procedures
-Mentored newly hired room attendants on company policies, cleaning procedures and customer service techniques
- Worked 1:1 with children to help them with their treatment goals and behavioral targets using motivating materials and ABA teaching techniques.
- Formed strong and unique relationships with each client and their families.
- Collaborated with other therapists and supervisors to ensure each child's needs were consistently being assessed and their goals were progressing.
-Directed family-centered, strengths-based, culturally competent and individualized intakes and assessments
-Completed required documentation for continued therapy coverage by insurance companies to meet deadlines
-Facilitated goal-oriented psychoeducational and activity therapy groups to improve clients' level of functioning.
-Provided comprehensive case management services, including creating treatment plans and connecting clients and families to appropriate resources
-Displayed sensitivity to cultural and linguistic needs of clients and families served
- Managed accounts for small professionals to grow their businesses through our platform.
- Educated professionals on best practices on how to market themselves to potential customers as well as how to provide a quality customer experience while forming relationships with their consumers.
- Reached statistical goals of customer satisfaction and proficiency each week.
-Maintained expected success rate on first-call resolutions, escalating complex concerns to supervisors or field personnel to achieve necessary support.
-Provided primary customer support to internal and external customers in fast-paced environment.
Over the course of 10 years, I have gathered over 1,000 hours of relevant volunteer experience with various non-profit organizations, hospitals, and churches.
-I completed my Master of Social Work Internship with a local nonprofit organization called The Lake House. It has now merged with Gilda's Club, Detroit. Here I Co-facilitated the agency's weekly bereavement group, facilitated the agency's 3 weekly cancer support groups for breast, gynecological and newly diagnosed cancers. I organized family meetings with clients in need, organized professional guest speakers, educational events, and mailings. Conducted a needs assessment within the agency, conducted research on evidence-based interventions to address the discovered need, developed unique intervention, interviewed consumers and stakeholders for additional knowledge, assessed findings, and implemented an intervention into the agency to address the agency's need. I completed a grant application on behalf of the agency, conducted bio-psychosocial assessments, and met with clients 1:1 to practice and enhance counseling skills. Here I also discovered and established connections with outside community resources in order to make appropriate referrals.
-I completed my Bachelor of Social Work Internship with my University's LGBT Resource Center. Here I collaborated with the Student Equity and Diversity office to create shared goals and objectives to present to the University in order to further support LGBT students on campus. I participated and organized university-wide, as well as external outreach. I collaborated with Utah Pride Center as well as other external resources to develop trustworthy connections for students to access. I participated in and facilitated groups that met to discuss the intersectionality of various identities. I facilitated workshops and panels to educate students, staff, organizations, and departments on best practices when interacting with members of the LGBTQIA population, whether these interactions be legal, professional or personal. I also organized the University Of Utah's Spring 2017 Lavender Graduation.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: