Ambitious and detailed professional with a proven ability to deliver compassionate and concise financial and administrative support in dynamic and emotionally charged environments. Skilled communicator; excels at clearly translating complicated insurance and healthcare information while fostering supportive and collaborative patient relationships. Substantial customer service and leadership experience; advanced knowledge of insurance contracts, eligibility and benefits, compliance, and medical terminology
● Principal Accountabilities Responsible for welcoming patients to the practice, identifying and introducing care providers, and setting expectations for program services.
● Coordinates the intake of new patient information including obtaining medical records, coordinating visits according to treatment plan, and communicating with patients, family, referring physicians and ancillary providers along the way.
● Meets directly with patient/family to assess needs and develop an individualized continuing care plan in collaboration with physician.
● Completes proactive patient screens as requested by MDs, facility staff and/ or patients and their families.
● Develops a method to identify inpatient referrals and establish a communication plan with those referring physician/practices.
● View Job Posting Details Proprietary and Confidential - For Memorial Hermann internal use only 10:22 AM 03/30/2020 Page 1 of 3
● Maintains referring physician database for tracking and trending market referral patterns. Ensures that all elements critical to the plan of care have been communicated to the patient/family and members of the healthcare team and are documented as necessary to assure continuity of care.
● Collaborates with the physician and all members of the multidisciplinary team to facilitate care for designated case load; monitors the patient's progress to discharge, intervening as necessary and appropriate to ensure that the plan of care and services provided are patient focused, high quality, efficient, and cost effective.
● Collaborates and maintains active communication with physicians, nursing staff and other members of the multi-disciplinary care team, patients and their families, and other healthcare companies.
● Ensures safe care to patients, staffs and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
● Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
Job Titles Held: