Military Postal Clerk with more than 12 years in the United States Marine Corps. Successfully led training programs for thousands of Marines. Reliable, diligent and flexible professional with superb communication capabilities. Military professional with experience in team management, administrative accountability and supply management. Effectively managed more than $ 4,000,000 million in postal funds equipment.
-Performed all duties of the Postal Finance Officer.
-Served as SNCOIC of Camp Leatherneck Post Office.
-Provided postal support to approximately 21,000 U.S. Service members, NATO, Civilian Contractors and, DOD employees aboard Camp Leatherneck and surrounding FOBs.
-Managed and accounted for $190,000 in postage stock that generated over $700,000 in postal revenue.
-Supervised and trained 11 Marines in the performance of their daily duties.
-Supervised and processed approximately 750,000 lbs of out-going mail.
-Conducted over 30 unannounced audits on the stocks of 8 postal clerks in order to deter and prevent theft.
-Command Uniformed Victim Representative for the Postal Detachment.
-Assisted in the coordination of 8 War-Fighter Express Service Team Missions to provide postal support to Marines at outlying COPs and FOBs.
-Scheduled and coordinated 5 unit mail-outs to include a mobile one on the Flight line.
-Superbly supervised and trained 32 Marines and 8 Civilian Contractors in the performance of their daily duties to include instructing the civilians on Marine Corps Postal directives.
-Flawlessly managed and accounted for a fixed credit of over $4.2 million dollars without error.
-Supervised postal support to approximately 21,000 U.S. Service members, NATO, Civilian Contractors and, DOD employees aboard Camp Leatherneck and surrounding Forward Operating Bases (FOB).
-Directly coordinated money transfers valued over $950,000.00 in postal revenue to USPS.
-Conducted over 30 unannounced audits on 16 finance clerks in order to deter theft.
-Assisted in the coordination of 10 War-Fighter Express Service Team Missions to provide postal support to Marines at outlying FOBs.
-Responsible for the successful scheduling and management of all mail-out at Camp Leatherneck.
- Completed 18 Quarterly Unit Mailroom Inspections.
- Completed three monthly finance unit inspections.
- Conducted weapons inventory H&S Bn during the month of February.
- Team member on the project to install a Postal Service Center at the H&S Bn Barracks.
- Conducted a meritorious board at the section level.
- Assisted in revising the Postal Mail Indoctrination Course.
- Completed over 25 Summary Inspections Reports.
- Trained and provided guidance to Unit Postal Officers, Assistant Postal Officers, and Mail Clerks.
-Directly responsible for the guidance and training of 32 Marines and 8 Civilian.
-Responsible for a fixed credit valued over $200,000 in United States Postal Service (USPS) Stamp Stock and $4,000,000 in Money Orders totaling $4.2 million dollars.
-Monitor the acceptance, dispatch and delivery of domestic/international mail.
-Consolidate the Postal Clerk's USPS Stamp Stock, Money Order reports and transactions and report the transactions to USPS and Military Postal Service Agency (MPSA).
-Responsible to conduct bi-weekly Stamp Stock Audits on Postal Clerks and Civilian.
-Procure, manage and monitor all USPS accountable equipment and supplies for RC (SW) and ensure post facilities have all necessary equipment.
-Responsible for ensuring military post offices are maintained in accordance with DoD, USMC and USPS directives.
-Schedule and coordinate War-Fighter Express Service Team Missions.
-Responsible to the Postal Officer for overall management of postal finance operations for all Post offices in Regional Command Southwest.
SSgt Bell is a very physically fit, knowledgeable and dedicated Marine Staff Non-Commission Officer. During his off duty hours he volunteered at the USO. He consistently goes above and beyond the call of duty in accomplishing any task and trains the Marines ensuring our future Corps is prepared for success. SSgt Bell is also responsible for
establishing VeriFone (debit/credit card) services during this deployment, a service previously not available anywhere in Afghanistan. He has excellent growth potential and is a valuable asset to any organization. He leads by example and is respected by his leaders, peers and junior Marines. SSgt Bell will make an outstanding Marine Gunnery
- Responsible for the quality control of the Consolidated Postal System.
- Responsible for insuring that all SOPs are updated and corrected as needed.
- Assist in conducting quarterly inspections of unit post offices.
- Directly responsible for the training, guidance and welfare of all subordinates.
- Monitors the operation of all unit mailrooms to ensure compliance with USPS and DOD postal regulations.
- Prepares Summary Inspections Reports for quarterly mailroom inspections conducted.
- Inspects unit mailrooms on a quarterly basis, and provides pre-inspection and post inspection debriefing to the unit commanding officer based on the results of the quarterly inspection.
- Immediate contact for advising the unit postal officer and commanding officer of potential violations detected during an inspection.
SSgt Bell is a determined and competent Staff Non-Commissioned Officer. He displays a commanding presence speaking clearly and concisely. SSgt Bell aggressively performs his duties while ensuring every detail is addressed. He has the maturity to work independently in the absence of supervision. SSgt Bell can always be relied upon to get any successfully complete mission assigned. He continues to display self-improvement by completing the Yellow Belt course for Continuous Process Improvement. His leadership and work ethic will serve him well during his new assignment as a Marine Combat Instructor. SSgt Bell has excellent growth potential and is recommended for retention and promotion amongst his peers.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: