Doctorate in Genetics with emphasis on public health and Masters in Life Sciences Biochemistry. Nearly 20 years of experience in contributing to health care system, both health research and diagnostic services. A Researcher and community organizer with strong focus towards improving the quality of life. Experience with basic science and clinical, diagnostic settings with lab maintenance with increasing responsibility for the scope, development, and completion of research projects. In a full-time position within the field of Science and Biotechnology that will effectively utilize my knowledge of Research, to maintain the Quality compliance for the laboratory management and Supervision.
2006-Present American Association of Immunologists (AAI)
2006-Present American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)
1991- Ranked at National Eligibility Test conducted by University Grants Commission (UGC) and Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), India.
1991-1993 Junior Research Fellowship (JRF). University Grants Commission (UGC). India.
1993-1996 Senior Research Fellowship (SRF).University Grants Commission (UGC). India.
2000-2002 Research Associate Fellowship (RA). Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).
Ph.D student (2) 2004-2007
Under graduate (4) 2007-2012
Ph.D student (1) 2007-2012
Residents (4) 2004-2012
MD Doctors (3) 2007-2012
4. Jiang Y, Divittore NA, Kaiser JM, Shanmugavelandy SS, Fritz JL, Heakal Y, Tagaram HR, Cheng H, Cabot MC, StaveleyO'Carroll KF, Tran MA, Fox TE, Barth BM, Kester M. Combinatorial therapies improve the therapeutic efficacy of nanoliposomal ceramide for pancreatic cancer. Cancer Biol Ther. 2011 Oct 1;12(7). PMID: 21795855.
5. Tagaram HR, Divittore NA, Barth BM, Kaiser JM, Avella D, Kimchi ET, Jiang Y, Isom HC, Kester M, Staveley-O'Carroll KF. Nanoliposomal ceramide prevents in vivo growth of hepatocellular carcinoma. Gut. 2011 May;60(5):695-701. PMID:
Isobel Franks. Nanoliposomal Ceramide prevents growth of hepatocellular carcinoma. Cited in Nature Reviews. March 2011. Vol 8. Page 4.
6. Avella DM, Kimchi ET, Donahue RN, Tagaram HR, McLaughlin PJ, Zagon IS, Staveley-O'Carroll KF. The opioid growth factor-opioid growth factor receptor axis regulates cell proliferation of human hepatocellular cancer. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2010 Feb;298(2):R459-66. Epub 2009 Nov 18. PMID: 1992335
7. Hephzibah Rani S Tagaram, Ph.D.; Alan M Watson, B.S.; Francois A Lemonnier; Kevin Staveley-O'Carroll, MD/PhD;
Satvir S Tevethia, Ph.D. Todd. D. Schell, Ph.D.; An SV40 VP1-Derived Epitope Recognized by CD8+ T Cells Is Naturally Processed and Presented by HLA-A*0201 and Cross-Reactive with Human Polyomavirus Determinants. Virology (Elsevier) Vol 376/1 pp 183-190, 2008. PMID: 18402997
8. Hephzibah Rani S. Tagaram, Guirong Wang, Todd M. Umstead, Neal J. Thomas, Thomassen M. Jane, Anatoly N. Mikerov, David S.Phelps, Joanna Floros. Human surfactant protein A (SP-A1) gene-specific antibodies-As a function of age and lung status. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2007 May;292(5):L1052-63. Epub 2006 Dec 22.
Editorial review on SP-A1 paper by R.E. Oberley, C.L.S. George, and J.M. Snyder. A new tool to investigate the differences between human SP-A1 and SP-A2. Comments in: Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2007 May; 292(5):L1050-1. PMID:
9. Gazala A.Khan, Nausheen Khan, M.Ishaq, E.Prabhakar Sastry. T.S.Hephzibah Rani. Increased frequency of HP1-1 phenotypes in diabetic patients with complications. Intl.J.Dia Dev.Coun.2002:22.100-103.
10. Mohd Ishaq, T.S.Hephzibah Rani,Gazala A.Khan, Nausheen Khan, M.Siraj. Detection of circulating immunecomplexes in diabetes mellitus .Intl.J.Dia Dev.Coun.2001.
11. M.Ishaq, T.S.Hephzibah Rani, Nausheen Khan, M.Siraj,Gazala A.Khan. Demonstration of pepsin activity in circulating immune complexes isolated from diabetic patients. Intl. J. Diab.Dev.Countries.2000.Vol.20.122-124.
12. T.S.Hephzibah Rani, Mohd Ishaq, M.Siraj. Low Trypsin levels in Type-I Diabetes: An index of low exocrine output. J. Assoc.Phy.Ind (JAPI) 2000:48.454.
13. M.Siraj, Mohd.Ishaq, Gazala A Khan, T.S.Hephzibah Rani. Significantly low Levels of Urinary Pepsinogen in Type I Diabetes. Intl.J.Diab.Dev.Coun.1999:19(4).165-166.
14. T.S.Hephzibah Rani, M.Siraj, M.Ishaq, Gazala.A.Khan. Analysis of ABO blood groups and age at onset in IDDM and NIDDM. Intl.J.Dia.Deve.Coun.1999:19(3).105-107.
15. K.Uma Sundari,Mohd Ishaq, U.R.K.Rao, Sachindranath, T.S.Hephzibah Rani. Malonaldialdehyde as a sensitive marker of inflammation in patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis. .J.Assoc.Phy.Ind (JAPI) 1994:42(10) 775-776.
16. Sajida Shaheen,T.S.Hephzibah Rani, Mohd.Ishaq. Effect of Tinidazole in in vitro Lymphokine production. Med.Sci.Res1993:21, 19.
17. T.S.Hephzibah Rani, Mohd. Ishaq, N.Sudhakar Rao, P.Sastri. Estimation of T-Cell Fc gamma receptor in Insulin dependent Diabetes. Med.Sci.Res.1992; 20,777-778.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: