I am a teacher who is focused on implementing highly effective instructional practices to improve student learning and academic performance. I have an exceptional ability to establish cooperative, professional relationships with parents, staff and administration. I am a clear communicator who prioritizes students' success, as well as their holistic development.
[Alabama K-6] Teaching Certificate with Elementary Education endorsement
Global Scholar Scantron Performance Test Administrator
ACT ASPIRE Test Coordinator
Positive and encouraging
Kind and empathetic educator
Professional Development Presenter
Literacy Coach, 08/2013 to Current Hoover City Schools – Hoover, Alabama Responsibilities:
1. Guide teachers to collect and analyze data and develop action plans in response to determined
2. Provide individualized, classroom-based support to implement comprehensive program. This will
include modeling of best teaching practices.
3. Work with the principals to create a school-wide focus on goals for reading
4. Oversee the school��s assessment procedure, training, data collection and collaborate with the
principal to complete reports due.
5. Complete monthly status reports for the district administrators. 6. Participate fully and lead in district level literacy professional development opportunities.
Kindergarten, 1st Grade, 2nd Grade Classroom Teacher, 08/2004 to 05/2013 Hoover City Schools – South Shades Crest Elementary School
Kindergarten Teacher, 08/2001 to 05/2003 Madison County Schools – Madison Cross Roads Elementary School
Kindergarten Teacher, 08/1998 to 05/2001 Cullman County School District – Fairview Elementary School