Experienced educator at both the high school and college levels who has been on multiple sides of student-athletics; including as an athlete, coach, and educator. Excellent reputation for getting results from High-Risk Student-Athletes and developing relationships with Student-Athletes from a diverse set of backgrounds. While teaching and coaching at the high school level I worked closely with the NCAA Eligibility Coordinator to make sure Student-Athletes were on track for graduation and qualification for the NCAA. Proven expertise in relationship building and maximizing those relationships to bring out high academic standards among Student-Athletes.
- Creating and implementing lesson plans for a diverse student population.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Microsoft Office and Google Suites.
- Ability to form relationships with diverse student populations.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Time management.
- Test preparation strategies.
- Tracked, coached, and tutored a caseload of student-athletes on academic probation or returning from academic suspension.
- Planned and coordinated weekly assignment schedules for Student-Athletes; all of whom showed drastic improvement from previous semesters, including some earning their highest G.P.A. ever.
- Proofread assignments and when appropriate provided feedback that allowed the Student-Athlete to revise their assignment.
- Provided consistent feedback and communication on assignments as well as explaining professors feedback.
- Implementation of study strategies tailored to the individual Student-Athlete.
- Developed and outlined daily goals of study hall for Student-Athletes.
- Implementation and execution of approved testing accommodation for appropriate assignments.
- Worked directly with Associate Athletic Director of Academic Services and Football Coaches.
- Collected data on student progress and developed plans to address deficit areas.
- Development and implementation of classroom management procedures.
- Development and implementation of classroom lesson plans and Learning Objectives based on State and National Standards.
- Assisted with implementation and design of individualized educational plans for individuals in need.
- Experience with multiple learning strategies and models for different learning styles (Kagan, Cornell Notes etc.).
- Participated in numerous professional development courses in most effective learning strategies and most effective teaching strategies.
- Lead and assisted on numerous recruiting trips for Student-Athletes.
- Helped develop plans for students to pursue their Post-High School Goals.
- Experience teaching in a variety of subjects from Intro to Sociology to A.P. Psychology at a Title I School to over 150 students a semester.
- Helped learners of all abilities build learning and study skills to promote life-long educational goals.
- Differentiated instruction according to student ability and skill level.
- Tutored non-native English speakers, as well as students with learning disabilities with diverse and varying needs on subjects from career advising to technology usage to communication and writing.
- Used a variety of teaching techniques to encourage student critical thinking and discussion in wide range of Social Studies courses.
- Planned, scheduled, and coordinated practices and wrestling team's trips (routes, departure times, rental cars, hotels, entry fees, meals, etc.).
- Developed and managed budgets for both an athletic and club program.
- Coached Dunbar High School Wrestling Team to its only regional title in over 50 years.
- Only coach with multiple state medalists and state qualifiers in history of program: fourteen total state qualifiers, four state medals.
- Accompanied prospective student-athletes on official visits to colleges and universities.
- Supervised academic progress of Student-Athletes and arranged tutoring for those with falling grades.
- Member of Sports Management Student Association
- Assistant Coach Lincoln High School Wrestling
- Member of Education Honors Fraternity
- Assistant Coach Conway High School Wrestling
- Member of Wrestling Team before injuries ended Career Mid Sophomore season
- Minor in Business Administration
Professional Teaching Certificate, State of Florida, Florida Department of Education
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: