Five years of experience in polymer process and polymer reinforced composite fabrication
Proficient in performing fabrication of polymer composite by VARTM, Compression molding, Hand-layup and Extrusion technology
Experienced in characterization of polymer composites (TGA, DMA, Flexure test, Tensile test, DSC, Low velocity impact, TMA, and FTIR analysis)
Efficient in performing TEM and SEM analysis of polymer composites
First place winner in the IUFRO symposium sponsored by IUFRO (www.iufro.org) and ENWOOD (www.benwood.eu) (February, 2011)
First place winner of the graduate poster research contest at the 5th Joint Annual Research Symposium presented by Sigma Xi- The Scientific Research Society (February, 2014)
First place winner of the graduate poster research contest in the NanoBio Summit 2014 (October, 2014)
1. D. Watkins, Md. Nuruddin, M. Hosur, S. Jeelani. Extraction and Characterization of Lignin from Different Biomass Resources. J. Mater. Sci. Technol 2014. (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jmrt.2014.10.009).
2. Reaz A. Chowdhury, Mahesh V. Hosur, Md Nuruddin, Alfred Tcherbi-Narteh, Ashok Kumar, Veera Boddu, Shaik Jeelani. Self-healing epoxy composites: preparation, characterization and healing performance. J Mater Res Technol. 2014. (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jmrt.2014.10.016)
3. M. Nuruddin, A.Chowdhury, S. A. Haque, M. Rahman, S. F. Farhad, M. Sarwar Jahan and A. Quaiyyum (2011). Extraction and Characterization of Cellulose Microfibrils from Agricultural wastes in an Integrated Biorefinery Initiative, Cellulose Chem. Technol., 45(5-6), 347-354.
4. M. Sarwar Jahan, Mostafizur Rahman, M. Nuruddin, S.A. Haque and A. Chowdhury (2011). Effect of Pre-extraction on the Pulping and Papermaking Properties of Short Rotation Trema orientalis. Indian.J. Ecol., 38, 35-40
5. Md. Nuruddin, T. H. Mahdi, M. V. Hosur , S. Jeelani, “Mechanical and Thermal Properties of Cellulose Nanofibers Reinforced Epoxy Polymer Nanocomposites,” ASC 29th Technical Conference, September 8-10, 2014.
Member of the Society for the Advancement Material and Process Engineering (SAMPE)
ember of the Materials Research Society (MRS)
Office Applications: Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Microsoft word
Software: AutoCAD, MATLAB, ChemDraw, ImageJ, EndNote, SigmaPlot, Origin.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: