Results-focused healthcare professional with strength in training, quality Adult Learning Modules and Designing of Adult Behavior Modules. Proactive leader with strengths in communication and collaboration. Proficient in leveraging creative inclusive training to address skills, quality and targeted KPI/performance indicators. Knowledge to promote company values and goals. Experienced compliance professional familiar with developing policies, leading training programs and managing reporting. Well-coordinated and methodical with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Train clinical and non clinical hospital personnel regarding compliance with regulations associated with pharmaceutical waste and bio-hazardous waste
Provide consulting services to Stericycle's large volume customers centered around the EPA, DOT, OSHA, DNV and The Joint Commission (TJC)
Maintains strong relationships, regulatory compliance and account retention with LQ customers such as hospitals, clinics, Infusion centers and labs.
Training: Train clinical and non-clinical staff to our systems and process, including explaining proper packaging of waste for compliance, as well as maintaining standard.
Provide expert advice and recommend our products and services to assist our customers to be in compliance.
Train Environmental Service departments on DOT regulations related to medical waste to assist customers in compliance issues with EPA, DOT, OSHA, and the Joint Commission.
Conduct Hazardous Waste, DOT, Chemotherapy and Regulated Medical Waste trainings to hospital employees who handle and ship hazardous waste in the hospital. Manifest trainings.
Consulting: Conducts medical waste analysis to minimize waste generated by customers and make recommendations to improve deficiencies. Conduct regulatory compliance surveys to identify potential violations
Customer relations: Provide summaries of monthly activities on key issues
Assist the Sales and Operation teams with sales leads and upsell services at assigned hospitals
The Performance Improvement (PI) Department is responsible for, and participates in, quality and risk management activities for the organization. The department consists of a Chief Medical Officer (CM0) and two experienced RN's. Responsibilities consist of the following:
• Communicates with designated personnel at Acute Care Inc. partner hospitals (CEO, ED Nurse Manager, Director of Nursing, Risk Manager, Quality Manager, etc.) regarding a physician's practice or performance, either clinically or interpersonally. This includes follow-up after a physician's first shift at each facility.
• Functions as a liaison between contracted physicians and partner hospitals.
• Performs clinically focused peer reviews based on targeted concerns (Chief Medical Officer, ED Medical Director, Regional Medical Director).
• Supports and maintains ongoing communication with on-site ED Medical Director. Offer services to enhance practice and increase facility compliance
• Counsels physicians regarding behavioral and clinical issues, as per facility request.
• Works with partner hospital representatives to develop an ED specific orientation manual for physicians. Assists hospitals with the development of policies and protocols. Discover opportunities for Sales Department to enhance program.
• Assists partner hospitals with the implementation of electronic medical records. Also assists with physician documentation education and completion of medical records.
• Provides comprehensive review of physician credentials files prior to medical malpractice insurance approval.
• Attends Medical Staff and Emergency Department Committee meetings of partner hospitals.
• Maintains knowledge of regulatory guidelines, specifically those mandated by The Joint Commission and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS).
Participates in skill fairs, branding events and sales events
Rural SART (Sexual Assault Response Team) Coordinator for Iowa CASA. Duties involved assisting member programs that serve Iowa's rural areas in developing and maintaining effective multi-disciplinary systems of response to sexual assault.
Role also includes providing training and technical assistance on sexual violence in later life to various entities throughout the state.
Community education and training, expert witness testimony, and community organization efforts
Received certification as a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE)
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: