Driven and compassionate health and wellness professional with eight years of experience. Accountable, organized, and responsible with a strong focus in health education, clinical nutrition and exercise physiology.
Outstanding Academic Achievement, overall GPA 4.0
Outstanding Academic Achievement, overall GPA 3.87
- Provide health coaching to employees of multiple corporate clients (e.g., Procter & Gamble, The Hartford).
- Collaborate with participants using motivational interviewing and an evidence-based approach to develop a health goal and action plan geared towards behavior change.
- Promote awareness of current health and wellness research, news and content through social media.
- Provide nutritional consultation and exercise prescriptions to clients.
- Present health and wellness seminars.
- Perform biometric assessments (i.e., height, weight, BMI, body fat percentage) and review lab results (e.g., cholesterol and blood glucose).
- Assisted participants in developing health goals and behavior change.
- Collaborated with a team of social workers, dietitians, pharmacists, and behavioral health specialists; made referrals as needed.
- Developed and coordinated fitness programs based on the needs of the population.Tracked participation and health assessment data to evaluate progress.
- Organized and executed timely and successful marketing campaigns for programs. Created marketing materials to promote programs (i.e., brochures, flyers, and postcards).
- Composed and edited monthly and quarterly newsletters.
- Coordinated the day-to-day operations of a research study (The effects of an aerobic and resistance training program on fatigue experienced by breast cancer patients undergoing radiation treatment).
- Managed operation of the PEAK (Physical Exercise and Kinesiology) Laboratory.
- Performed exercise testing on eligible patients that consented to study.
- Collaborated with a multidisciplinary team on a daily basis to help assist in the care of patients on the bone marrow transplant unit.
- Performed administrative duties including triaging phone calls, managing appointments and lab order entry.
"Why Pilates Exercises are Your Best Solution for Super Toned Abs," WatchFit-- Oct 2014
"The Perfect Gluten-free Bread Recipe to Truly Satisfy Your Taste Buds," WatchFit-- Oct 2014
"A Gluten-free Apple Crisp Recipe that Does Not Compromise Taste," WatchFit-- Oct 2014
"Ten Foods that Decrease Inflammation and You Didn't Know About," WatchFit-- Sept 2014
"Five Delicious Healthy Eating Recipes on a Budget," WatchFit.com-- Sept 2014
Health promotion, nutrition counseling, exercise testing & prescription, health and fitness speaker, Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
American College of Sports Medicine Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist
American College of Sports Medicine Certified Cancer Exercise Trainer
American College of Sports Medicine Certified Personal Trainer
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: