Highly motivated and enthusiastic grant and contract specialist. Eager to contribute to team success through hard work, attention to detail and excellent organizational skills. Clear understanding of Grant and Contract Administration, and training in University policy and procedures. Motivated to learn, grow, and excel in a University Department setting.
• Grant and Contract Administration
• Complex Accounting and budgeting
• Team Building
• Complex Budget Spreadsheets
• Reconciliation of Accounts
• DETAILED RESPONSIBILITIES
In support of one or more Computer Science labs, administer several large grants and contracts, including preparation of reports for PIs, agencies and the department. Prepare proposals, budgets and other related documents. Understand and interpret University, Commonwealth and Federal financial and personnel policies and procedures. Maintain contact with Offices of Pre-and-Post Awards and funding agencies to assure compliance and timeliness. Prepare budget and expenditure projections. Manage all
accounting functions for various fund types. Plan, prepare and process financial transactions. Confer with vendors and contractors. Plan and prepare personnel appointments. Organize conferences, meetings, and site visits with sponsors. Arrange travel.
• FUND ADMINISTRATION Complete management of research accounts in various fund types, including grants, contracts, gifts, RTF, start-up funds, GOFs, state and fee-based trusts. Prepare budget projections based on fiscal, academic and grant years. Prepare financial status reports for faculty. Interpret spending rules for each fund type. Review budgets to ensure compliance with funding agency regulations and institutional requirements. Verify and reconcile all account activity; resolve conflicts and problems associated with financial transactions. Educate new faculty on policies of the University, Offices of Pre-and-Post Awards, grants, proposal preparation, travel, reimbursements; initiate access to funding agencies such as Fastlane, NIH, Grants.gov. Manage start-up funds for new faculty. Monitor interdepartmental shared grants and cost-sharing accounts, work with other campus business offices and act as liaison for centers and labs. Work with department business manager on joint accounting activities, such as overhead transfers, split-funding, gifts, President's Office grants, etc. Act as liaison with sponsors, program managers, subcontractors, other universities. Extensive contact with OGCA, Procurement, Controller's Office, Human Resources and other university departments.
• GRANT AND CONTRACT ADMINISTRATION
Develop proposal budgets and justifications according to agency
requirements; revise budgets on request. Interpret sponsor rules for proposals and awards; understand sponsor proposal submission and awards processes. Prepare and submit proposals electronically. Coordinate preparation and submission of collaborative proposals with other on- and off-campus personnel, including Computer Science subcontracts to other
institutions. Organize cost-sharing. Manage the award process, including any pre-award/pre-establishment requests, through Offices of Pre-and-Post Awards and the Controller's Office to account set-up. Facilitate grant renewals, extensions and amendments. Prepare and submit financial status reports for faculty as required by the grant or contract; coordinate annual progress reports and other administrative requirements. Manage subcontract budgets, invoices and payments; initiate purchase orders for subcontracts. Extensive contact with sponsors, program managers, subcontractors, other universities, the Controller's Office and Offices of Pre-and-Post Awards.
Understand University personnel policies and procedures, particularly as they apply to grants and contracts. Prepare personnel budgeting forecasts, applying changes in salaries, fringe rates and indirect costs as appropriate. Initiate and track appointments, re-appointments and compensation for faculty, staff, research assistants and hourly employees. Evaluate
sources of faculty summer income and apply federal and university restrictions. Arrange for academic and technical visitors, including visas, space and facilities. Prepare student hire paperwork for HR including I-9s, tax forms, etc. Use PeopleSoft HR system to track personnel information, hire and fund student employees. Manage, and report to department, lab staff and student Time and Labor. Liaison with Human Resources and International Programs Office.
• Provide executive area level finance, bookkeeping and administrative duties within the Computer Vision Laboratory. Includes compiling administrative reports; budgeting and record keeping; processing and reconciling financial transactions; travel reimbursements; hire student and professional personnel; meeting scheduling and coordination.
• Provide administrative and organizational support within the Computer Vision Labatory. Create and maintain office management systems for department operations. Monitor and carry out activities to ensure communication and organization. Prepare major reports and assist with faculty personnel actions and searches. Assist faculty, students, staff, and visitors with departmental questions and tasks.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: