Effective and strategic leader that excels in streamlining operations to decrease costs and promote organizational efficiency. Hardworking mentality and history of successfully coordinating and monitoring operations across various departments. Data driven with an organized nature and analytical problem solving approach. Proven ability to build and lead teams of talented professionals to develop valuable and accurate results to meet organizational objectives and goals.
• Ensured all undergraduate students worked towards and subsequently attained requirements needed to graduate by collecting, analyzing and tracking student clearance data to update and enhance graduation outcomes.
• Successfully lead a request for proposal (RFP) team in the selection and execution of a new diploma vendor for the university. Served as liaison between the University and the third-party diploma vendor for all changes, implementation, and issuance of diplomas.
• Worked collaboratively with faculty, staff and students to identify and risk areas and advise as to how to successfully meet graduation goals. Created and maintained detailed processes and procedures to drive efficiency to insure the graduation process flowed seamlessly; key activities included managing and activating student database, working with internal and external partners and developing methods to reduce cost via system improvements.
• Improved the conferral process from eight weeks to four weeks by working with key stakeholders to devise and implement support plans to help students excel towards their degree completion.
• Manually reviewed and conferred degrees early for distance education students in conjunction with the Online Student Specialist (OAP) Team to expedite the student's credentials for potential employers.
• Applied strong leadership talents and problem-solving skills to improve efficiency and maximize workflow to meet daily demand by hiring, training and supervising graduate assistants and student workers to assist with internal and external communications and correspondences regarding graduation.
• Assisted in planning large-scale events such as graduation ceremonies by evaluating existing plans, processes and event planning services to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Adhered to FERPA, provide information about registration; records; and University policies and procedures; verify enrollment and graduation; resolve transcript issues.
• Maintained data of intricate, confidential and precise elements and codes in support of various sections of the office.
• Verified student eligibility, updated student records, collected and organized data.
• Reconciled receipts for daily collections for purchases of transcripts, diplomas, and re-enrollment applications.
• Partnered with cross-functional teams to conduct thorough discovery and due diligence on existing processes to define office requirements to achieve productivity and accuracy standards.
• Maximized team knowledge and productivity by effectively training, monitoring and directing student employees in applications of best practices and regulatory protocols.
• Reviewed and recorded travel information and expenses accumulated by 200+ student organizations.
• Coached group treasurers on making deposits to their respective financial accounts.
• Arranged monthly statements in preparation for year-end audits and updated digital files to maintain current, accurate and compliant documentation.
• Performed administrative support tasks such as preparing documents and presentations for units within the office.
• Performed general office duties, including answering multi-line phones, routing calls and messages and greeting visitors.
• Welcomed and greeted all visitors; screened calls; directed to appropriate staff; opened all incoming mail and distributed to recipients.
• Worked closely with manager to provide effective assistance for specific aspects of business operation.
• Provided exceptional customer service by appropriately answering clients' concerns, forwarding messages and confirming appointments as necessary.
• Maintained and organized Excel data and accounts (accurately, efficiently, and independently).
• Data Analysis
• Nominated for and successfully completed a four month Rising Leadership Program facilitated by the
Leadership and Talent Development Department within the UNC Wilmington Office of Human
Resources. Sample content areas included identifying preferred communication styles and how to best
adapt to others; analyzing a team's strengths, motivation, and stamina; and how to effectively engage in
crucial conversations when the stakes are high and emotions are strong.
• IRB Training through Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) - Biomedical Research:
Stages 1 & 2.
• Presentation: CACRAO 48th Annual Meeting, Wilmington, NC, December 2019 “Innovate the
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: