Highly motivated graduate student working towards a PhD in physiology with a passion for mitochondrial research. Highly skilled in mitochondrial isolation and respiration techniques, along with various other lab skills. Capable of overseeing and mentoring new students in the lab and walking them through techniques commonly used within the lab. Highly self-motivated with a passion for research.
P. Darrell Neufer
Anne M. Spuches
1. Cancer & Metabolism: “Aglycemic growth enhances carbohydrate metabolism and induces sensitivity to menadione in cultured tumor-derived cells” (2021) Schmidt, Cameron & McLaughlin, Kelsey & Boykov, Ilya & Mojalagbe, Rafiq & Ranganathan, Arthi & Buddo, Katherine & Lin, Chien-Te & Fisher-Wellman, Kelsey & Neufer, P.
2. FASEB BioAdvances: “Preference and detrimental effects of high fat, sugar, and salt diet in wild‐caught Drosophila simulans are reversed by flight exercise.” (2020) Murashov, Alexander & Pak, Elena & Lin, Chien‐Te & Boykov, Ilya & Buddo, Katherine & Mar, Jordan & Bhat, Krishna & Neufer, Peter.
3. Biochem Journal: “Tissue-specific characterization of mitochondrial branched- chain keto acid oxidation using a multiplexed assay platform” (2019) Katherine A. Buddo, Emma J. Goldberg, Kelsey L. McLaughlin, Regina F. Fernandez, Andrea S. Pereyra, Christine E. Psaltis, Chien-Te Lin, James T. Hagen, Ilya N. Boykov, Tiffany K. Nguyen, Kymberly M. Gowdy, Jessica M. Ellis, P. Darrell Neufer, Joseph M. McClung, Kelsey H. Fisher-Wellman
4. Cell Metabolism: “17β-Estradiol Directly Lowers Mitochondrial Membrane Microviscosity and Improves Bioenergetic Function in Skeletal Muscle” (2017) Torres MJ1, Kew KA2, Ryan TE3, Pennington ER4, Lin CT3, Buddo KA2, Fix AM5, Smith CA3, Gilliam LA3, Karvinen S6, Lowe DA6, Spangenburg EE3, Zeczycki TN4, Shaikh SR4, Neufer PD7
1. Buddo, K. A., McLaughlin, K. L., Schmidt, C. A., Fisher-Wellman, K. H., and Neufer, P. D. Acute uric acid exposure leads to a decrease in liver mitochondrial efficiency. (NIH Mitochondrial Symposium, Bethesda, MD, 2019).
2. Buddo, K. A. and Neufer, P. D. Uric acid decreases mitochondrial bioenergetic efficiency in liver mitochondria. (East Carolina University Research and Creative Achievement Week, 2019).
3. Buddo, K. A. Torres, M. J. and Neufer, P. D. Uric acid decreases mitochondrial bioenergetic efficiency. (Keystone Symposia: Mitochondria in Aging and Age-Related Disease, Jan 13 - Jan 17, 2019).
4. Buddo, K. A. and Spuches, A. M. The Thermodynamics of Cd(II) Binding to Human Cardiac Troponin C: Using Mutants to Determine the Location of Cd(II) Binding. (Gordon Research Seminar: Metals in Biology '17, Ventura, CA January 2017).
American Chemical Society (2019-Present)
American Physiological Society (2019-Present)
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: