Engineering school graduate seeking a challenging position as a Mechanical Modeling Scientist in a dynamic environment with opportunity for growth and advancement.
1. Ballistic impact of inter-woven fiber network
2. Fluid-structure interaction (FSI) analysis of abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA)
3. CFD Analysis of Energy Loss through Recessed Lighting Fixtures (RLF) in Residential Buildings
4. Modeling of biopolymer network (collagen and F-actin)
5. Computational Modeling of Cell Extracellular-matrix (ECM) interaction
1. Shengmao Lin, and Linxia Gu. “Contribution of fiber undulation to mechanics of three-dimensional collagen-I Gel.” Macromolecular Symposia, [in press].
2. Shengmao Lin, and Linxia Gu. "Influence of Crosslink Density and Stiffness on Mechanical Properties of Type I Collagen Gel." Materials 8, no. 2 (2015): 551-560.
2. Shengmao Lin, Lauren A. Hapach, Cynthia Reinhart-King, and Linxia Gu. "Towards Tuning the Mechanical Properties of Three-Dimensional Collagen Scaffolds Using a Coupled Fiber-Matrix Model." Materials 8, no. 8 (2015): 5376-5384.
3. Chen, Jiangcheng, Xiaodong Zhang, Shengmao Lin, He Wang, and Linxia Gu. "Multiscale Modeling of Skeletal Muscle Active Contraction in Relation to Mechanochemical Coupling of Molecular Motors." Micromachines 6, no. 7 (2015): 902-914.
4. Hua, Yi, Shengmao Lin, and Linxia Gu. "Relevance of Blood Vessel Networks in Blast-Induced Traumatic Brain Injury." Blood vessels 1, no. 15 (2015): 0-48.
5. Shengmao Lin, Praveen Akula, and Linxia Gu. "Mechanical Performance of Bovine Pericardial Bioprosthetic Valves." Journal of Medical Devices 7, no. 3 (2013): 030926.
1.Shijia Zhao, Shengmao Lin, and Linxia Gu. "Stent Expansion in Curved Vessel and Their Interactions: An In Vitro Study." ASME 2014 International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition. American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 2014.
2. Ri Na, Shengmao Lin, and Zhigang Shen and Linxia Gu. "Evaluating Energy Loss through Recessed Lighting Fixtures (RLF) in Residential Buildings through a Case Study." Computing in Civil and Building Engineering (2014). ASCE.
3. Shengmao Lin, and Linxia Gu. "Effects of Turbulent Blood Flow on Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms: A Fluid-Structure Interaction Study." ASME 2013 International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition. American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 2013.
4. Shijia Zhao, Linxia Gu, and Shengmao Lin. "Mechanical Characterization of the Layer-Specific Human Aorta." ASME 2012 International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition. American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 2012.
“Contribution of collagen fiber undulation to mechanical properties of type-I collagengel”
"Effects of Turbulent Blood Flow on Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm: A Fluid-Structure Interaction Study"
Siyuan Fellowship, China, 2007
Outstanding Undergraduate student award, 2007
Siyuan Fellowship, China, 2008
Siyuan Fellowship, China,2009
Nebraska Engineering-CSC fellowship, Lincoln, NE, 2011
Scholarship from China Scholarship Council, China, 2011-2015
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: