Qualified Monitor with years of experience working with adult offenders and at-risk youth. Goal-oriented with skill in case management and collaborating with social service agencies for collaborative support. Adaptable and focused with a commitment to effectiveness.
• Demonstrate the ability to read, comprehend, interpret, and enforce policies, operating procedures, emergency plans, and other directives, governing operational activities.
• Maintain a calm, professional demeanor, and demonstrate proficiency in interpersonal communication with clients, fellow staff, visitors, vendors, and the general public.
• Maintain physical and mental alertness. Make logical, unbiased decisions under stress.
• Locate, formulate, and prepare accurate, concise reports, forms, and logs.
• Identify, report, and assist as trained, any person who appears to need medical care.
• Supervise, effectively communicate, and correct as needed, inmates during meals, work periods, visitation, sleeping hours, recreation time, and any other time as required by policy and supervisors.
• Ensure the overall safety, security, and welfare of staff, inmates, and visitors.
• Oversee the preparation, serving, and consumption of all meals on your assigned shift. Ensure that cleanliness and sanitation of the food preparation and dining area kept to a high standard at all times.
• Conduct accurate counts, according to policy and procedures, and as instructed during any emergency.
• Consult a supervisor when a rule violation occurs.
• Collect, count, receipt, and make copies of, all inmate monies.
• Be primarily responsible for visitation procedures, pursuant to the department of corrections rules and regulations.
• Conduct intake on all new inmates as required, including assembling a security file, and documentation and entry in the inmate management system.
• Maintain daily, weekly, and monthly log sheets, signing inmates out of, and in to, the facility, and making other required entries.
• Ensure all applicable policies and procedures that govern this position are followed.
• Ensure that operations staff are trained and demonstrating the ability to conduct their assigned responsibilities.
• Ascertain knowledge of operational duties such as; inventories, medication logs, IMRS proficiency, caustics, laundry procedures, resident property, transportation, and general rules.
• Conduct continuous random inspections of the physical plant, ensuring cleanliness, sanitation, maintenance needs, and general good order.
• All other related duties, as assigned by the director, or assistant director..
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: