While I have limited barista experience, my past jobs have prepared for the job at hand. I have learned a great deal through Kuru Kuru Sushi. At Kuru Kuru I strengthened my skills when it comes to working quickly and efficiently this is because only two employees are working as a host, busser, and server at the restaurant at a time. This busy environment also strengthened my communication skills, I learned that constant communication is key when keeping a good flow going in a fast-paced environment. I also have gained a stronger sense of hospitality and making each customer feel heard and content with their experience. While my flagging employment might seem hard to connect to a barista's duties, I think many skills I've learned at this job can ripple into helpful qualities as a barista. Flagging has given me quick problem-solving skills such as when drivers and pedestrians have complaints or worries about the site, I listen intently and work with laborers or explain detours to make an easier commute. When working for Earthworks Enterprises I also did labor work, this pushed me to keep myself busy on the job even when things got slow and I ran out of tasks. Being a laborer was a new job for me just like becoming a barista, but I learned quickly from my boss's directions. I also reinforced my performance of each task with constructive criticism which propelled me to be a better employee.
- Seamlessly organized many tasks at hand from what is most important to least important, as well as what I can multitask and do it well.
- My boss at Kuru Kuru Sushi commended me for dealing with high stress and busy situations in a calm and organized manner.
- I consistently communicate with team members to create a good flow and functional work environment.
- I can be on my feet for over 13 hours.
- Work with speed but complete each task with no faults.
- I can take constructive criticism and use it to strengthen my skills.
- I always make sure the customer is satisfied and listen to any issues they have.
- Set up work site every morning.
- Directed traffic and pedestrians.
- Informed drivers of different routes to take.
- Informed drivers and pedestrians about details of the construction and when it will be finished.
- Deescalated situation with concerned neighbors, drivers, and pedestrians with the work going on.
- Communication with labor workers to help improve traffic flow.
- Did part time labor when needed.
Office Director, Sue Kohn: (425) 355-0348
- Filling time cards, phone bills, bills for construction equipment and supplies.
- Organized and reorganized paperwork.
- Communicated with office director when any issue came up in paperwork or billing errors.
- Cleaned bathroom, swept and mopped floors before and after shift.
- Restocked supplies before and after shift.
- Take orders down and served food and drinks to customers.
- Communicated with kitchen of what needs to be made first and if anything hasn't been made or needs to be altered.
- Consistently made sure customers were happy with service and needed any more orders and drinks.
- Calculate customers bills and check customers out.
- Communicated with customers over the phone wait times and any questions.
- Took down to-go orders and communicated with the kitchen of what needed to be put in to-go orders and at what time.
- Organized wait times and put each customer down in order for who will be seated next.
- Communicated with customers if they have issues or are concerned with when they will be seated.
- Rearranged seating for large parties and communicated with other servers of how we will server and focus on larger groups.
- Clean tables and reset tables.
- Restock napkins, utensils, and soy trays during shift when needed.
- Clean up spills and other messes during shift.
Kuru Kuru Boss, Judy: (360) 305-9296
- Watched parties in play center and ensured safety.
- Set up party rooms and cleaned rooms before and after.
- Communicated with parents at the front desk with concerns or billing information.
- Prepare kids with safety instructions before going into the play center.
- Clean play center, bathrooms, main lobby, and restocked before and after shift.
Lynwood Pump It Up: (425) 774-2297
- Three president awards (scoring 4.0) at Cascadia Community College.
- Klipsun Magazine awarded me the reporter of the quarter.
- Fluent in American Sign Language and performed in an ASL musical.
- Have 7 published articles in the The Western Front newspaper.
- Food handler permit
- MAST permit
- Microsoft Application certified.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: