Detail-oriented Accountant with 20+ years effectively maintaining accurate accounting information for large-scale financial organizations. History working as part of financial team to manage diverse financial functions, tax management and reporting. Works closely with executive management on complex business actions including mergers and acquisitions and divestitures.
Fixed Asset Manager Nabors Corporate Services - Houston, TX April 2018 to Present
Manage a staff of 9-12 Accountants, Senior Accountants and Supervisors for department's month end US GAAP and IFRS close process. Regular duties also include SOX Control signoff/compliance, timely recording of asset impairments, capitalized interest, AFE system Super User support (create/approve), AFE capitalization, creation/maintenance of local FA tax/IFRS books, FA policy updates and IT project implementations. My position has frequent interaction with Internal/External auditors and international employees. Net PPE 4.6B. Key Results:
· Automated Month End close Oracle job to automate depreciation policy change for yard cost centers
· Updated AFE, Lost in Hole, Asset Inventory and Capitalization Policies
· Reorganized department reporting, responsibilities and reduced headcount + SGA costs
· Setup and maintain Argentina IFRS local book
Accounts Payable Manager Nabors Corporate Services - Houston, TX March 2014 to April 2018
Manage a staff 18 with up to 5 direct reports including two Supervisors reporting to Director of Shared Services. Responsible for the staff's timely and accurate processing and disbursements of vendor obligations. Monitors internal controls through Internal, SOX, and Expense Report related audit responses, team's audit of expense report/p-card transactions, review of sub ledger to general ledger reconciliations and performed monthly access review. Key Results:
· Expanded monthly AP KPI metrics with Utility spend
· Worked with external firm on duplicate payment audit that recovered 1.5M in vendor credits
· Approved the update of Business Expense Reimbursement policy and training
· Automated AP/GL reconciliation approvals, recurring payment requests
Fixed Asset Supervisor Nabors Corporate Services - Houston, TX April 2007 to March 2014
Supervised a team of up to 7 fixed asset accountants in the provision of fixed asset accounting (GAAP and tax) with corporate net PP&E 9B. This position monitors internal controls, audit requests, SOX compliance, identify and implemented several
process improvement ideas. Prepares quarterly forecasting and PPE reconciliation, monthly depreciation analysis, performed month end close, capitalized interest calculation, and oversaw FA/GL reconciliations. Key Results:
· Automation of monthly Open AFE accrual, capitalized interest processes
· Re-write of 10+ year old Capitalization and AFE policies
· Oracle 11i to release 12 Fixed Asset conversion
· Promoted 7/2010
Accounting and reporting responsibility for the Field Services and Domestic Repair divisions with annual revenues of 1.6B. Responsibilities included the consolidation of division balance sheet and income statements, cash forecasting, IPO reporting (SEC), Sarbanes Oxley compliance, PWC external audits, and division budget. Key Results:
· Supervised Shared Services staff of up to 11 (4 AP clerks, 3 Senior Accountants, 2 Accounting clerks, Collections Analyst and AR Coordinator).
· Re-prioritized key supplier terms to increase vendor satisfaction and stretched overall cash disbursements to 60 days
· Promoted November 2005 as a key contributor (top 1% in company)
Senior Accountant responsibilities included financial statement preparation/review for 10 domestic cost centers within the Legal Documents Services division.
Lease Accounting Supervisor managed direct reports and included recording of monthly capital lease revenue (13.7M), Cost of Goods Sold (10.7M), Commission expense (567K), Revenue Recognition adjustments (374K) for Management Services division.
Financial Analyst duties included recording and reviewing of Equipment revenue, Cost of Goods Sold, Trade Receivable, Vendor Credit receivable, Allowance for Doubtful Accounts, Origination fee receivable, third party finance receivable, net credit customer liability and third party buyout liability for Business Services division.
Sales Auditor, Sales Audit Analyst, Analyst Trainer, Costco Wholesale – Issaquah WA 9/1992 to 12/2000
Duties included auditing of 16 US/CAD warehouses merchandise sales of 200M, ancillary sales of 10M, supply expense 250K and receivables 15M (per 4-week accounting period). Implemented auditing procedures for Central Membership income (17M), E-Commerce credit sales (7M), 3rd Party Pharmacy Insurance Sales (6M), Intercompany print sales (50K), Special Event sales (250K), Script certificate discounts (250K) and Capital purchases (60K).
Trainer duties included Project Management for development and delivery of corporate training including, but not limited to: inventory accounting, financial accounting, management skills, AS/400, Hyperion and MS Office training.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: