Hardworking and meticulous Financial Technician with 10 years working for United States Navy Reserve. Highly proficient in financial accounting and document processing. Expert record keeper with expertise in database management.
• Management of 100 enlisted and 10 officers in the providing continuous rate training and general military training in support of Naval Special Warfare worldwide
• Apply accounting concepts to solve problems, render advice, or to meet other needs of management resulting in the proper execution of yearly budget
• Manage the execution funds control, program adjustments, review of reports and preparation of reports
• Execute day-to-day ledger maintenance and related operations for the classification and other recording of financial transactions
• Apply accounting concepts to solve problems, render advice, or to meet other needs of management
• Manage the total accounting program, including supervision of 10 junior personnel in the day to day operations of the department covering budget, accounting, and financial policies
• Direct oversight of the operating, maintaining, and administering of one or more accounting systems, processes or functions such FASTDATA, STARS FL, NROWS, and DTS
Ensure establishment and improvement of audit policies, programs, methods, and procedures, and the achievement of a high standard of auditing resulting in a 100% FIAR ready program
• Makes recommendations regarding the process and procedures within the department resulting in working smarter not harder
• Developed a system that monitors reimbursable funding that ensures 100% execution of funds prior to the end of the fiscal year and re purposing funds to meet required buying power
• Assist efforts to improve or develop financial management systems and related policies, goals and objectives for the organization's programs.
• Assess systems and procedures used to generate financial reports for their quality and usefulness.
• Applies standard financial practices, methods, and techniques to complete standard reconciliations and prepare various financial reports
• Analyze facts, identifies problems, reports findings, makes conclusions, and recommends corrective or other proper action in carrying out routine analytical assignments.
• Relates needs and accomplishments of the organization to anticipated and/or actual dollar figures in the budget.
• Ensures compliance with DOD Directive 5500.7., the Standard of Conduct requirements, and reviews these requirements at least annually by acknowledging and documenting in writing.
• Extensive knowledge of supply regulations, DOD NAVSUP, and Headquarters instructions and publications pertaining to procurement, simplified acquisition procedures, fiscal accounting, and material expenditures and file administration.
• Extensive knowledge of the Department of the Navy policies and procedures for the operation and management of Government-wide Commercial Purchase Card(GCPC) program.
• Coordinates and procures from approved sources contract berthing for over 400 eligible Drilling Reserve personnel which resulted as the "BEST PRACTICE PROGRAM" in the Region Southwest
• Provides assistance to Supply Department in orders, receipts and issuing of Navy Uniform Allowance items for assigned Reserve personnel who meet the eligibility requirements
Working knowledge of computer based programs, web-based acquisition and property accounting system such as Microsoft office applications, FASTDATA, DPAS, One Touch just to name a few
Completed Apr 2009
Completed 2 year CET
Process 30/60/90 days Report
Timekeeper and Alternate CSR
1.) Lawrence Gamboa
Logistics Management Specialist
MPSF PHD, NAVSEA
2.) Gary Warren
3.) Beverly Smith
Accounting Lead, RCCSW
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: