Enthusiastic [Job Title] eager to contribute to team success through hard work, attention to detail and excellent organizational skills. Clear understanding of [Task] and [Task] and training in [Skill] . Motivated to learn, grow and excel in accounting.
• Supervision of the Assistant Financial Officer
• Manage state and federal grants. This includes researching and reporting on available grant opportunities, developing grant budgets and securing accurate costs estimates for expenditures, writing and submitting grant applications, and providing ongoing monitoring of grant compliance, performance and reporting requirements.
• Collaborate with vendors and Law Enforcement agencies on contracts and MOU initiatives, renewals and changes.
• Responsible for the annual state and federal asset forfeiture expenditures and regulatory reporting requirements
• Responsible for the monthly revenue report required to be submitted to Commissioners' Court under the Texas Local Gov't Code
• Responsible for the approval of timesheets and the tracking of the agency's unexpended salaries.
• Maintain constant vigilance of budget line items to monitor expenses and balances, create/research historical data, coordinate/create budget presentation, etc. for financial accountability.
• Responsible for the submission and tracking of payments for School Resource Officers, USMS Inmate Housing and Transportation, City Of Victoria Inmate Housing
• Responsible for the Jail Food Bids biannually
• Accounts payable
• Reconciliation of the Purchase Order System to the County's accounting software
• Reconciliation of the Inmate Trust Fund
• Built partnerships with division heads throughout the agency and assist them as needed to financially manage their division.
• I have been able to undertake all of the financial reporting that the Victoria County Auditor's Office was tasked with for numerous years.
• I received my Jailer's License in 2016 and my Peace Officer's License in 2019.
• Responsible for the auditing of various cash handling offices within the County.
• Responsible for the financial reporting of multiple grants received by numerous departments. With a focus on grants received by the Victoria County Sheriff's Office and the Victoria County Health Department.
• Reviewed all bank reconciliations for the County and aided the departments with these as needed.
• Assisted the Auditor with budget and financial reports as needed, including numerous parts of the Certified Annual Financial Report.
• Responsible for the monthly tracking and annual reporting of all Indigent Defense expense reporting.
• Responsible for the annual state and federal asset forfeiture reporting for the Victoria County Sheriff's Office and the Victoria County Criminal District Attorney's Office
Requirements for this position included performing the daily work of analyzing alerted transactions for suspicious activity, conducting high level, complex case investigations, and serve as the subject-matter expert for the Anti-Money Laundering transaction monitoring and investigative process. I was expected to complete routine internal testing to ensure consistent quality and compliance with policies and federal regulations.
• Daily monitoring of the Anti-Money Laundering software.
• Writing of Suspicious Activity Reports submitted to FinCEN (Financial Crimes Enforcement Network).
• Daily processing of all Currency Transaction Reports and the Monetary Instrument Log.
• Monitored all Regulation CC Holds.
• Worked with all NBFIs (NonBank Financial Institutions) and MSBs (Money Service Businesses) to ensure that the bank had all proper documentation required by federal regulations.
• Assisted the BSA Officer with internal and outside BSA audits.
Job Titles Held: