Studied Family, Youth, and Community Sciences at the University of Florida. Current ESL teacher of Chinese children ages 6 - 12. Experience working with nonprofits to serve adults and children in the community. Completed coursework in topics such as personal and family development, family and youth problems and solutions, and nonprofit human resource management.
- Prepares 1-on-1 online full immersion English language and content classes
- Works with children ages 5 to 12 to develop English speaking, reading, and writing skills
- Provides consistent feedback about student's progress and administers formal testing as needed
- Plans, prepares, and delivers lessons to a range of classes (ages 5 - 9)
- Utilizes a variety of teaching methods to construct vivid English context and to inspire student's enthusiasm of English study
- Identifies the individual requirements of the students and helps them with spoken skill accordingly
- Provides appropriate feedback on oral work
- Plans and implements individualized ESL lessons for language learners all over the globe
- Has taught over 45 lessons that focus on conversation, pronunciation, and sentence structure
- Helps beginning and advanced students expand their English fluency
- Organized and planned Operation Santa Delivery, LifeSouth's largest annual event with over 2,500 attendees.
- Contacted and recruited nonprofit organizations to participate as vendors at the event by providing a children's activity.
- Contacted and recruited high school volunteers to work at the event.
- Actively recruited donors at blood drives to help meet donation quotas.
- Creates and distributes promotional materials for blood drives and the Operation Santa Delivery event.
- Supervisory and cashiering roles in Chomp & Go stores at UF.
- Responsibilities performed: ordering and tracking inventory (all items for sale at various store locations) and the oversight of several employees.
- Current objectives: cash handling, completing cash deposits, cleaning and store maintenance, as well as opening and closing procedures.
- Busser position at a high-volume Italian restaurant.
- Responsibilities included ensuring that customers and employees were able to have a smooth dining and working experience.
- Kept the entire restaurant clean and functional from the back of the house to the front, cleared tables, replaced dishes and ice bins.
Project YouthBuild Tutor, tutors people ages 16-24 to help them earn their high school diplomas, 11/15-Present
UF Habitat for Humanity, builds homes to eliminate poverty housing, 10/15-Present
Friends Across the Ages - gave company to nursing home residents, 05/15-08/15
American Cancer Society, answered phones for Hope Lodge and created promotional materials for events, 05/12-08/13
Studio Percussion, helped children play the drums in rhythm on a float at the UF Homecoming Parade, 06/10-08/10
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: