* Teacher offering a strong educational background and more than fifteen years of teaching experience. Adept at lesson planning and classroom management. Excellent interpersonal and organization skills.
* Enthusiastic teacher with superb leadership and communication skills. Easily cultivates trusting and positive relationships with students, parents, teachers and administration.
* Kind and compassionate Elementary School Teacher dedicated to creating an atmosphere that is stimulating and encouraging to all students. Differentiates instruction based on students needs and interests. Enjoys using modern technology in the classroom.
* Recipient of seven "Honor a Teacher" Awards from EDUCATE foundation
* Committee member of district Kindergarten study group after transition into full day kindergarten 2004-2006
* Facilitator and peer coach with SCHELD project at U.C.S.D. 2004-2005 * Served on district Math Textbook Adoption Committee 2001-2002 * American Educators to Japan Participant in Summer of 2001 * Participant in CH-SSP at U.C.S.D. Summer 2000
* Served on district Math Textbook Adoption Committee 2001-2002
* American Educators to Japan Participant in Summer of 2001 * Participant in CH-SSP at U.C.S.D. Summer 2000
* Participant in CH-SSP at U.C.S.D. Summer 2000
* Started transitioning into Common Core instruction 2012-2013 school year.
* Have received extensive training in the areas of math and language arts and used that training to incorporate flexible small groups for reading and writing instruction.
* Implemented Envision/Pearson Math curriculum in 2012-2013 and have bridged to it's Common Core 2013-2014 edition.
* Have taught EL's at all proficiency levels using SDAIE strategies for over fifteen years in a high performing school with 50% English Learners.
* Have been a master teacher for four student teachers.
* Was a grade level representative for school advisory committee and and school representative on School Site Council.
* Have extensive experience collaborating with colleagues (job sharing, team teaching, wheeling, co-planning, calibrating assessments, etc.).
* Taught Multiple Subjects in combination and team teaching settings
* Designed and utilized lessons involving whole class, small groups, and individual instruction.
* Implemented new Math curriculum and Literacy Portfolios
* Developed professional portfolio in B.T.S.A. program
* Learned Effective techniques for teaching and discipline in short-term substituting positions.
* Taught multiple subjects to class of 35 students in a private school.
* Team taught Science and Math to both Fourth grade classes.
* Administered standardized testing.
* Taught throughout remainder of school year when teacher decided not to return while taking maternity leave.
CA Professional Clear Multiple Subject Teaching Credential
Clear C.L.A.D. Certificate
CA Multiple Subject Preliminary Teaching Credential
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: