Enthusiastic, personable, reliable, and highly motivated Medical Assistant with a proven history of superior performance at individual, team and organizational levels. Possesses the ability to multitask and prioritize workloads with little or no supervision, and able to learn new skills with ease. Detail-oriented professional looking to bring medical background and team-building skills to deadline-driven environment. Former jobs as a medical receptionist and as a teacher, with over eight years of experience educating students all the way from pre-kindergarten-aged to college-aged, in subjects ranging from the English language arts, Mathematics, and Special Education, demonstrate proven ability, skills, and inclination to work, help, and communicate with people and patients with sensitive medical issues.
Developing lesson plans for all Pre-Kindergarten teachers and overseeing those written by all other Special Education teachers
Creating IEPs and running team meetings. Also assisting other teachers with writing their IEPs (Individualized Education Plans)
Promoted to ABIT chair (discussing and creating plans for students, school-wide, who were in need of intervention) and PBIS team member (implementing positive-behavior strategies) in August 2018
Creating strategies to meet the needs of mentally- and physically-disabled students
Teaching reading, ELA, science, technology, math, and social sciences in primarily self-contained classrooms, while implementing blending and inclusion as much as possible
Redirecting inappropriate behavior using positive-reinforcement method
Collaborating with students, parents, fellow special education teachers and para-educators, and administrators to help students succeed
Meeting and scheduling phone calls with parents and advocates on a regular basis, inside and outside of school hours, to resolve conflicting educational priorities and issues
- Goal is also to become certified in phlebotomy during my time at ECHV.
- Master of Fine Arts
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Also practiced and composed numerous work in poetry and nonfiction
- Thesis is a full-length novel entitled Progress, Regress
- 4 poems, 2 nonfiction pieces, 1 fiction piece, and one play published to date
- Editor in Chief of the university's weekly newspaper, The Comment
- English degree emphasis in Writing; Communication Studies emphasis in Journalism
- Student government representative; recipient of "Bears Best" award for student leader
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: