A committed educator with a history of experience leading and teaching in progressive learning communities whose mission and vision are embedded in meaningful real-world contexts.
· Supervisor of a staff of specialists, teachers clinicians, service providers and support staff in a K-5 elementary school.
· In collaboration with the Committee on Special Education, developed and coordinated innovative IEP programs focused on the whole child.
· Supervisor and developer of literacy intervention program which included a team specialists utilizing methods of multisensory approaches to literacy and mathematics.
· Conducted bi-yearly evaluations of a staff of specialists, educators, and educational support staff.
· Overseer and approver of yearly department budget of $500,00.
· Supervised school-wide implementation of Response to Intervention (RtI) model by leading weekly child study team meetings.
· Identified and hired staff in line with the school's vision and mission.
· Developed accountability protocols for tracking student progress, which exist on a multitude of digital platforms.
· Tracked and discriminated student data in order to develop sustainable, responsive support protocols.
· In partnerships with department heads, grade-level leads and classroom teachers; supervised curriculum and teaching, strategic data driven student plans, and implementation of mandates and accommodations.
· Delivered PDs and workshops on various special education topics during staff development days and department meetings.
· Performed roles of Lead Teacher, SPED Teacher, and Learning Specialist in a progressive school founded on the ideals that students learn to combine curiosity with theappropriate application through project-based study and real-world experiences.
· Facilitator of grade team meetings in order to develop curriculum maps, interim assessments, and UDL unit plans.
· Administered formal reading assessments including F&P, DRA, WTW, and PAF.
· Designed project-based social studies-driven curriculums that served as a platform for thelearning community.
· Collaborated with K -5 teachers to modify curriculum for students with special needs.
· Implemented individual and small group specialized multisensory literacy and math instruction for students, K-5.
· Developed, coordinated and monitored IEPs and strategic RtI plans.
· Created dynamic and individualized lessons to support students who learn differently.
· Communicated with families in order to effectively collaborate towards significant student progress.
· Wrote narrative progress reports 3 times/year outlining student progress and growth.
Childhood Education, 1-6
Students with Disabilities, K-6
School District Leadership and Supervision
LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE IN ADMINISTRATION
· Administrator and Supervisor in a progressive elementary school with an IB focused curriculum
· Conducted walkthroughs with various stakeholders in order to ensure mandates and initiatives are met
· Facilitator of multiple department meetings involving various tiers of staff
· Instructional coach for a team of learning specialists, teachers, staff, and specialists
· Career Experience in progressive schools
· Career experience training and developing school faculty and staff
· Highly proficient with IEP and 504 Plan development
· Formally trained by the Orton Gillingham Academy at LIU
· Highly Proficient with Wilson, Fundations, Fountas and
Pinnell, Leveled Literacy Intervention, Responsive Classroom, TC
· Trained to deliver F&P, CTOPP-2, GORT, Gallistel-Ellis
Assessment systems, and professional developments
· Experienced with Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
· Proficient with assistive technology, Smartboards,
tablets, and Google Docs
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: