Experienced Educational Assistant with over 10 years of experience. Dedicated educator focused on supporting Special Education students by assisting teachers with all types of classroom needs. Expert at restating lesson information, tutoring and applying rules. Coordinated and diligently skilled in student behavior management and redirection. Passionate about helping students to improve communication, social skills and coping strategies while enabling them to reach their educational goals.
PTA Volunteer, Derry Village Elementary School, Derry, New Hampshire, 2004-2005
PTA Vice President, Ernest P Barka Elementary School, Derry, New Hampshire, 2005-2007
PTA Co-President, Ernest P Barka Elementary School, Derry, New Hampshire 2007-2009
- Provided leadership to board members, committee chairpersons, and parent volunteers in all areas including fundraising, hospitality, and membership.
- Collaborated with administrators, teachers, and parents to define and prioritize school needs.
- Directed the development of budgets and approval of all expenditures.
Volunteer, Boy Scout of America, Manchester, New Hampshire, 2004-2019
- Served as Cubmaster for 40+ boys for 3 years.
- Program Director for 2 weeks of Day Camp for 100+ Cub Scouts for 4 years.
Planned activities, ordered supplies, trained volunteers and scheduled activities for all attending boys.
- Served as the District Camp Coordinator for 10+ years.
This included promoting camp and increasing attendance.
- Served as the District Popcorn Fundraising Chair for 10+ years.
This included promoting the popcorn fundraiser, training volunteers, ordering popcorn and prizes.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: