Versatile Office Assistant/Receptionist offering administrative experience in both corporate and non-profit office environments.
Over 3 years experience as an Office Manager. Managed and maintained inventory; scheduled classes. 6 years experience as a Personnel Administrative Clerk. Typed forms and correspondences; verified information; prepared computer input data; handled incoming and outgoing telephone calls. 3 years experience as Senior Personnel Administrative Clerk. Conducted quality assurance. 6 years experience as Personnel Administrative Manager. Supervised a staff of 6 personnel. 1 year experience as a Medical Specialist. Assisted with patient administration; prepared and maintained clinical records.
* Answered incoming calls from customers in need of emergency roadside service. * Gathered all pertinent information to provide appropriate and timely assistant to customer. * Dispatched calls to appropriate shop/service providers to assist the customer.
* Managed the receptionist area, including greeting visitors and responding to telephone and in-person requests for information. * Made copies, sent faxes and handled all incoming and outgoing correspondence. * Received and screened a high volume of internal and external communications, including email and mail.
* Managed day-to-day functions of a small company. * Managed and maintained product inventory. * Scheduled classes for prospective clients. * Planned and scheduled meetings and appointments.
* Processed request for release of medical information. * Reviewed and analyzed request/information for completeness and ensured that it meets legal requirements. * Ensured information is released to authorized agent/organization. * Assured that request for review and amendment of patient information is submitted to the appropriate supervisor in a timely manner. * Abstracted medical/health data and information to be released to the appropriate agent/organization.
* Transcribed minutes from board meetings. * Prepared correspondences for board members. * Scheduled board meetings and appointments. * Arranged fund raisers for the organization. * Disseminated information by using the telephone, mail services, web sites and e-mail.
* Compiled and processed efficiency reports. * Used computer productivity software to create documents, database presentation and spreadsheet for trend analyst. * Organized and maintained paper and electronic files.
* Prepared operation plans and orders to support security of resources and installations. * Determined elevation and grid azimuths with maps and map overlays. * Patrolled areas and allowed restricted area access for authorized personnel.
* Coordinated training schedules and filed crucial administrative paperwork. * Reviewed and edited correspondence prior to release and submission for signature. * Logged and filed classified documents.
* Maintained and audited personnel records for over 16,000 personnel. * Created and implemented an office procedure for tracking timeliness of personnel actions. * Processed information o veteran's social security and retirement benefits.
* Assisted with patient administration. * Prepared and maintained clinical records. * Read patient charts and diagnostic reports and made entries in medical records. * Assisted in providing emergency medical treatment and management. * Interpreted and executed nursing care plan.
* Supervised personnel performing customer service functions, retirement processing and veterans eligibility. * Provided leadership development and training to staff. * Maintained schedules fro various different organizations and personnels. * Maintained a standing leave roster, typed, filed received and placed incoming and outgoing calls. * Managed projects and conducted research.
1991-1991 United States Army Hohenfels, Germany * Diploma, Primary Leadership Development Course
1985-1986 United States Army Fort Jackson, SC * Diploma, Personnel Actions Specialist
1979-1982 Titchfield High School Portland, Jamaica * Diploma, General Studies
Held a Secret clearance with the Department of Defense.
* Certificate, Licensed Practical Nurse * Certificate, Practical Nurse * Certificate, Nursing Assistant
Clerk, Benefits, Personnel Records, Retirement Benefits, Security, Clients, Inventory, Office Manager, Secretary, Telephone, Database, Leadership Development, Incoming Calls, Customer Service, Receptionist, Retail Sales, Training, Medical Records, Nursing Assistant
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: