Imaginative and forward- thinking Business Development professional bringing 15+ years of progressive career history in US Defense Acquisition. Seasoned in building key partnerships and customer relationships and employing competitive intelligence to capitalize on business opportunities through customized solutions.
US Navy EOD, Diving & Maritime
● Built invaluable relationships with key decision makers in the US Navy diving, explosive ordnance disposal (EOD) and maritime commands in order to achieve both company and vendor plans for business growth.
● Generated leads by networking, identifying white space, cold-calling, and other traditional sales methods.
● Sought out active requirements and advised Supply personnel and equipment decision makers on available contracts for procurement of supplies and services, prior to solicitation phase in order to eliminate competition.
● Prepared statements of work and white papers to ensure that exact specification were met when sourcing on open market channels.
● Conducted market research and promoted available products and solutions based on current and developing trends in relevant categories.
● Identified viable partnerships with manufacturers and negotiated terms on behalf of company.
● Identified, negotiated, and secured business and new market opportunities through various channels, including FBO, Fleet and Industrial Supply Center, GSA eBuy, and the Company's Outside Sales force.
● Conducted profit and loss analysis for all company functions. Created competitive pricing guidelines and quoting structures.
● Established key vendor relationships and implement business development strategies to exceed Supplier and Company sales growth expectations.
● Managed company GSA and DOD eMall schedules for fulfilling orders, invoicing through Wide Area Work Flow (WAWF), proper reporting and compliance, and constant market analysis to ensure that all products are current and priced fair and reasonable.
● Generated sales opportunities by conducting on-site visits to regional bases, assessing the supply requirements of commands, and making product and procurement vehicle recommendations.
● Managed a team of inside and outside Sales Representatives to include all phases of recruitment, training, and professional mentorship.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: