Seasoned international educator combining more than twenty years experience with a passion for international affairs and culture. Combines cross-functional competencies in staff management, operations, customer relations and financial management. Creativity-driven with technical knowledge, team leadership abilities and problem-solving skills.
• Create and develop a new position to execute, direct and organize the development of Center initiatives including international academic programs, research initiatives, global outreach, relationship management, fundraising, grant development, fiscal management/reporting, public relations, and communications involving a varied set of cross-college and external stakeholders. Secured $5 million naming gift.
• Advance the integration of international business and global issues in the VSB curriculum by overseeing a diverse portfolio of dynamic programs and initiatives related to global business and leadership. Participated in ACE Internationalization Lab; Developed web-based global platform; Developed a Global Business Concentration for non-business students; Launched the university's first Maymester study abroad initiatives in Sydney and Berlin to increase the diversity of student participation and reaching an under-served population in international education.
• Serve as Managing Editor for the Journal of World Business. Oversaw 250% increase in submissions and earned a #2 ranking in IB journals worldwide.
• Promote IB research, internationalizing curriculum and faculty development through grant awards and conference support.
• Encourage student engagement and participation in international experiences through study abroad, service, international internships, business case competitions and employment opportunities; manage and distribute $250,000 annually in scholarships/fellowships; advise international business student organizations.
• Manage the elite Global Leadership Fellows program including recruitment, advising, networking and mentoring program; support Global Citizens program sending freshmen abroad combining coursework and an international internship in London or Singapore.
• Solicit and secure $100,000 in annual gifts from advisory council members and alumni.
• Secure and engage Center Advisory Council Members including recruitment and retention, relationship management and programming, semi-annual meetings, mentor program and guest lecturer or panelist opportunities. Developed and led the university's first professional development programs for alumni and faculty in Panama, Cuba, Colombia and Peru. Leveraged and enhanced alumni relations and significantly increased the Center's visibility and reputation across campus.
• Responsible for fiscal management and donor relations (fellowships, scholarships, endowments, gifts) including reporting, reconciliation and projections.
• Spearhead outreach and collaboration with the regional global affairs and international trade community (World Trade Center, Global Interdependence Center, World Affairs Council, Global Philadelphia Association, US Commercial Service, Consular Corps Association of Philadelphia) and IB networks (CUIBE, AIB, NAFSA, AIEA, BISNet).
• Serve on the MidAtlantic District Export Council appointed by US Secretary of Commerce and in collaboration with the US Export Assistance Center providing professional advice to help US firms compete and win business in the global marketplace.
• Manage public relations including website and social media presence, streamlining marketing materials/branding and producing an award winning annual report.
• Substantive contributor to various committees involved in internationalization at Villanova, including the Co-Chair of the VSB Global Programs Committee and the ACE University International Leadership Team; leads evaluation and assessment efforts at VSB; led ACE Subcommittee – Global Community Engagement and International Outreach.
• Lead and develop undergraduate, MBA and EMBA international programs in Asia, South America, Europe and South Africa.
• Supervised budget and strategic development initiatives
• Managed the submission, review, and publication process for a quarterly academic journal
• Implemented procedures to streamline the process and data reporting and facilitated transition to online management
• Oversaw the Editorial Board, top IB practitioners, representing morethan 50 institutions and spanning 20 countries worldwide
• Secured and managed nearly $5 million in grant funding to support international business education, research and outreach
• Managed the planning and implementation of all CIBER related initiatives in Research, International Business Education, and Outreach whose mission is to increase US competitiveness in the global market
• Responsible for CIBER grant development, management, implementation and fiscal reporting
• Responsible for the International Business major including curriculum development and selection, recruiting, advising, the International Business Student Organization and internship opportunities for more than 600 majors
• Managed all study abroad opportunities for business students including admissions, advising, financial aid, curriculum approval, orientation, evaluation, partner selection, marketing and strategic program development. Study abroad increased 1,000% during my tenure.
• Managed the certificates of specialization in collaboration with the College of Liberal Arts, a multi-disciplinary initiative combining courses in business, language, and area studies in Asia and Latin American
• Directed all event planning for numerous annual conferences and academic programming
• Editor and contributor for quarterly newsletter publication
• Promoted research through grant awards, annual IB Research Forum, and Journal of International Management
• Facilitated outreach initiatives with global partners, HBCU's, and Community Colleges
• Managed Penn faculty, on-site academic advisors and program coordinators associated with a series of international programs located in Europe, Latin America and Asia
• Managed international program budgets, reconciliation and produced expense summary
• Designed and implemented intercultural and sensitivity training and orientation
• Designed and implemented curriculum development and pedagogical support
• Managed and coordinated registration, scheduling and compensation
• Coordinated Visa regulations, immigration procedures, travel arrangements, student evaluations and logistical details
2019 Villanova University Meyer Innovation and Creative Excellence Award
2017 Villanova School of Business Innovation Award of Excellence
2015 Fulbright grant for U.S. Administrators in International Education
2008 Musser Award for Excellence in Leadership, Fox School of Business, Temple University
• Management experiences include recruiting, training, assessment and development
• Polished intercultural communicator who thrives in diverse and multicultural situations and at all levels of an organization
• Exposure to cultural and business climates of more than forty countries
• Maintains and leverages a diverse network of local, national and international colleagues and seeks collaboration at all levels
• Experienced grant writer securing $10 million in funding
• Skilled creative writer responsible for award winning publications
Salutatorian and Female Athlete of the Year
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: