Resourceful Data Technician with 30+ years experience in information and communications technology industry with strong knowledge of standards and practices. Hands-on assessment of intricate performance and execution level data to establish and maintain compliance with critical project rollout and upgrade procedures. Accurately completed installations, equipment testing and inventory management crucial for material planning.
Perform installation, testing, turn-up, and acceptance of circuit equipment including Voice, TDM, Optical IP Ethernet and emerging technologies.
Install, repair, maintain and/or adjust multiplex equipment, fiber optics, and switches; perform testing with the applicable testing centers and conduct final acceptance testing with the customer to ensure ready for service.
Troubleshoot customer circuits, network components, and infrastructure from the customer's premise up to the frame, and complete final testing and customer acceptance of service.
Use laptop computer to option higher-level electronic systems and applications, and to test and install individual services.
Utilize various testing devices, including but not limited to: frequency and data signal generators, transmission measuring sets, volt-ohm-meters, software programs, laptop programs. Use test equipment and/or coordinate testing of customer lines with others including company and customer personnel, as well as with the assistance of the control and/or dispatch centers.
Install computer interface cards in customer-owned equipment (laptop and desktop computers). Successfully option/configure customer's computer hardware and software and install modems. May reimage PCs and restore hard drives, as well as troubleshoot and repair data terminals and peripheral equipment (e.g., printers). May manage/assign hardware and/or software assets/requests/ licenses, considering warranty and other information as necessary.
Review, analyze, update, and interpret work orders, circuit diagrams, word documents, schematic drawings, engineering work prints, OSP (Outside Plant) maps, equipment drawings, company records, technical manuals and other source documents to obtain specifications for installation and trouble isolation purposes.
Verify critical dates (in particular plant test date), commitments, facility and equipment assignments, reasonableness of test results and conformity of circuits to established tolerance criteria. Resolve customer issues and problems regarding designed services, and ensure service is working to customer specifications.
Per customer-initiated order/request, may perform pre-survey to determine availability of equipment and facilities and pretest circuits to ensure that conditioning requirements are met. In addition, review with customer work specified in the work order and the possibilities of utilizing existing facilities for upgrading/customizing services.
Interact with customers professionally and courteously. Discuss service and equipment with customer. Perform specified work. Confirm/update trouble reported or services ordered, review billing information, respond to questions on features/usages/applications/capabilities of equipment and services, review systems configuration. Identify/explore additional revenue generation opportunities.
Contact control and/or dispatch centers or other designated employees during tour for other assignments or jeopardy resolutions. Provide information needed to close out work orders or trouble reports by indicating type of work performed, time and material charges, exception codes, field reporting codes and/or other related information. Use computer or other device to interface with company systems and complete daily workload.
Work with telecom color-coded wires and cables.
• Makes customer drop installations (exterior and interior) complete from tap to antenna terminals on customer equipment in both single and multiple unit dwellings, including pre-wired units.
• Performs new connects, reconnects, requested and non-pay disconnects; adds outlets; installs and/or removes converters; performs upgrades and downgrades of service.
• Analyzes picture quality and judges acceptability of picture delivered following installation of cable service.
• Works with connectors, fasteners and wire and uses hand tools.
• Uses customary CATV hand and power tools in performance of job duties.
• Completes appropriate paperwork functions as prescribed by system management.
• Reads signal levels through use of field strength meter; adds and subtracts levels in installation problems; installs connectors on different types of drop cable; maintains proper clearances; installs tap-off devices.
• Climb poles with proper equipment (safety belt, safety strap and climbers), ladders or other structures as needed. Lifts and carries loads up to 75lbs (including line ladder); Works within limited confines, such as crawl spaces.
• Properly uses, stores and maintains a VOM or DMM to check for “open” or “short” on line as well as AC and DC voltages.
• Reads general drop system layouts from blueprints.
• Inform customers of FCC Rules and Company policies as they pertain to customers.
• Drives Company vehicles in performance of job duties; uses bucket truck. Proper vehicle upkeep and maintenance.
• Generate additional company revenue through effective sales techniques and by offering information about product options, sales campaigns and promotions.
• Performs other duties such as clean-up and salvage of wrecked out materials; provides general assistance to other employees as directed.
Supervises the installations, testing, repair, and general maintenance of central office and other telephone equipment in a military communications system.
Supervises the installation of switchboards, telephones and auxiliary equipment, and the operation of the switchboards. Performs tests to locate line troubles such as cross, ground or short circuits using Wheatstone bridge or voltmeter. Directs repairmen in elimination of troubles and repair of equipment.
Maintains records pertaining to cables, terminal boxes, central office power equipment and maps layout of telephone system. Instructs personnel in installation and maintenance of equipment. Directs and coordinates work of subordinates by assigning tasks, directing procedures and issuing instructions.
Must be familiar with installation and operation of all central office equipment.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: