Dependable, punctual, and experienced construction team leader / worker bringing physical strength, superior work ethic, and dedication to teamwork. I can use both manual and heavy equipment methods to complete tasks. I have a valid class A CDL drivers license. I love building teams to create a positive, fun, and productive work environment. I love learning new skills every day. Every day, we are changing; it's up to us to decide whether we get better or worse that day. My mind set is to improve every day and lift everyone around me up.
Thank you for your consideration,
Jacob D Carpenter
Employees in this class perform semi-skilled work involving a variety of public works and related
tasks. Work is performed in street repair and maintenance, drainage systems, and sidewalks.
Work also involves participating in construction projects that require a variety of skills. Work
involves the use of a variety of hand and power tools and light to heavy equipment. The employees
are subject to hazards associated with public works including working in both inside and outside
environments, in extreme hot and cold weather, and exposure to various environmental hazards.
Work is performed under the regular supervision of a Street Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Tasks
* Works on a crew to patch potholes, utility cuts and re-surface streets; assists with
construction and repair of sidewalks, curb and gutter, and driveway aprons; constructs and
cleans out storm sewers; digs drainage ditches.
* Pours and finishes concrete; assists with block and brick work.
* Drives a dump truck to load and haul materials and debris.
* Makes and installs street signs.
* Works on leaf collection truck as needed.
* Flags traffic and sets up work zones.
* Operates vac/jet trailer and camera unit.
* Performs masonry work.
* Applies pesticides.
* Performs a variety of semi-skilled tasks in maintaining and repairing streets, sidewalks, and
* Works as part of a team on large-scale public works construction and repair projects.
* Performs specialized tasks as needed.
* Participates in snow removal.
* Prepares paperwork on daily and weekly activities.
* Operates construction equipment including trucks, dump trucks, rollers, tractors, loaders,
* Performs maintenance on storm drains.
* Assists other departments with various tasks.
* Performs related tasks as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Some knowledge of the methods and techniques applied in construction trades work.
Some knowledge of the standard practices, materials, tools, and equipment utilized in asphalt and
Considerable knowledge of standard hand tools, operation of light equipment, and materials used
in assigned work.
Considerable knowledge of the occupational hazards and applicable safety precautions associated
with assigned work.
Working knowledge of basic carpentry and masonry.
Ability to perform semi-skilled tasks with minimal supervision.
Ability to operate heavy equipment at a semi-skilled level.
Ability to work cooperatively as a team member and respond courteously to citizens.
Ability to carry out work under adverse weather conditions.
Ability to perform manual labor for long periods of time.
Ability to understand and follow specific oral instructions.
LTAP Road Saftey 365
LTAP Traffic Calming
LTAP Basic Computers: Reports and Presentations
LTAP Confined Space Entry and Lockout/Tagout
LTAP Intermediate Work Zone Safety
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: