Active-Duty Navy Sailor of 14 years transitioning into the IT Industry through the Microsoft Software and Systems Academy; Cloud Application Developer program seeking Software Engineering opportunities. Highly skilled at working in a team, critical decision making, problem solving, and time management merited by his dynamic Naval career. With a growth mindset, a consummate student with an Active TS/SCI clearance.
Studied full time at a 19-week Microsoft Software and Systems Academy (MSSA) technical training course developed by Microsoft teamed with Embry Riddle Aeronautical University. The program leverages college accredited courses with the goal to prepare transitioning Service Members for technical careers.
• Studied the software development lifecycle and how to use it to successfully develop console-based and graphical applications using C# and Microsoft Visual Studio 2019.
• Completed multiple self-studied certifications, engineered several technological projects, and coordinated collaboration among 28 transitioning service members, while managing the MSSA program workload.
• Learned how to use T-SQL to create, retrieve, update, and delete data inside of databases using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 2019.
• Completed 360 classroom hours learning and mastering the fundamentals of C#, T-SQL, ASP.Net MVC, and Azure.
• Used ASP.Net MVC as well as HTML and CSS to create multiple web-based applications.
• Enhanced collaborative skills working in an agile environment to complete multiple software development projects.
Led a team of five in all facets of Executive Administration matters supporting 8,800+ team members across 29 branches completing. Also coordinated training of organizations Legal clerks and Human Resources representatives on Navy wide policies concerning administration updates and Legal processes creating a collaborative Administrative Force able to successfully adapt and overcome Navy wide obstacles.
• Led three departments and 5 DoD vendors coordinating with multiple mutual organizations in the design, bid, contracting and purchase of Office Space renovation valued at $200,000+ in response to COVID-19 policy requirements which ensured safe and efficient workspaces for future administrations.
• CO-Editor and Publisher of the Commander, Naval Aviation Force Reserve (CNAFR) Playbook. Which is a comprehensive guide to the current and future operations and readiness of the entire CNAFR enterprise. This document was instrumental in delivering up-to-date information to US Congress to increasing funding for CNAFR which is pivotal in delivering pandemic supplies around the world. My responsibility was to vet the quantifiable facts, format the content and to present it in a way that was easily understandable to decision makers.
• Was the Approving Official for all Travel Authorizations/Vouchers within organization and manager for two Line of Accounts with a budget of $215,000 ensuring all personnel transactions were ethical and in 100 % compliance with the Joint Travel Regulation.
• Executive Assistant from October 2015 – May 2018. Provided direct administrative support to Senior Executive Leadership, responsible for 5,500 government personnel, military contractors, and associate families across five branch organizations.
Provided the highest quality of intermediate/depot-level aircraft maintenance products and services to support readiness and national defense objectives, and afloat H-60 helicopter technical excellence. Managed the depot and intermediate level induction, funding and repair of components and support equipment in support of seven Fleet Readiness Centers and 23 branch organizations.
• Established productive relationships with various joint military and civilian artisans, engineering technicians and production controllers within the Navy Depot facility to collaborate and resolve production issues which led to a 65% reduction in turnaround time on maintenance actions.
• Spear headed the induction, follow-up, completion, and delivery of over 185 high priority depot level repairable components valued at over $7 million with 100 percent accuracy.
• As a Lean practitioner, instructed personnel at command onboarding in Lean Logic, and Theory of Constraints methodology which had a systemic increase in production output quality which resulted in a reduction of defects by 67%.
AZ 900: Azure Fundamentals | Microsoft | April 2021
RBLP - Coach |Resilience-Building Leader Program| April 2021
Certified Project Officer |Institute of Project Management| April 2021
Program Management Professional | PMI | Expected Completion May 2021
MTA:98-361 Software Development Fundamentals | Microsoft | November 2020
Occupational Safety and Health Administration | Department of Labor | November 2020
Legal Clerk | Naval Justice School | March 2019
Advanced Administration | Center for Service Support | September 2017
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt | IASCC | May 2016
Command Fitness Leader | United States Navy | March 2020
Command Financial Specialist | United States Navy | February 2019
Security Specialist | United States Navy | March 2018
Command Pay and Personnel Administrator | United States Navy | May 2017
Process Improvement Core Green Belt | United States Navy | June 2013
Individual GWOT IA Multinational Force | United States Navy | May 2012
GWOT Support Assignment-Basic Combat Unit Member | United States Army |May 2012
Global War on Terror (GWOT) Individual Augmentee (IA) | United States Army | June 2011
Expeditionary Force Detainee Operations | United States Army | December 2010
Anti-Submarine Warfare Sonobuoy Receivers/Recorder Group Technician | United States Navy | April 2008
Office Manager/Administration Services | Department of Labor US Military Apprenticeship Program |June 2020
Computer Operator | Department of Labor United States Military Apprenticeship Program | March 2018
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: