New Orleans native working toward a brighter and progressive future through the advocacy of academic resilience and positive psychosocial skills for underserved youth. Well-versed in psychological assessment, long-term project methodology, design, and analysis, software proficiency as well as computer program development. Eager to join the efforts of a team that demonstrates an unwavering persistence toward making change.
Primary Investigator, Exploring the relationship between ruminative thought and cognitive dysfunction: Through the lens of attentional mechanisms and emotional content.
Project Director, Cognition and Psycholinguistics Lab
Volunteer Research Assistant, Utility of neuropsychological evaluation in a general neurology outpatient setting, Ochsner Hospital, Baptist and Main Campus locations.
• Sohr-Preston, S. L., Lacour, A.K., Brent, T., Dugas, T., & Jordan, L. (2016). Blogging about family building (infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy, and trying to conceive): Content and blogging motivations. Studies in Media and Communications, 4, 8-20.
• Lacour, A.K., Wozencraft, T., Matthews, L. (November 2019). Those Were the Days…Exploring the Relationships Amongst Reminiscence Style, Cognition, and Psychopathology. Abstract accepted for poster presentation at the Southwestern Psychological Association convention, Frisco, Texas (April 2020).
• Lacour, A.K., Breaux, B. (April 2018). Understanding the Relation Between Depression, ADHD, and Rumination. Abstract awarded finalist for graduate research talk at the Southwestern Psychological Association convention, Houston, TX.
• Lacour, A.K., Cantú, N.G., Connell, N.J., Knox, M.K., & McDermott, M.J. (May 2016). Examining the Mediating Role of Rumination and Anxiety Sensitivity in the Relation between Depression Symptoms and Physical Health Symptoms. Poster awarded second place for graduate session at the Louisiana Psychological Association, New Orleans.
• Lacour, A.K., Sohr, S. (June 2015). Correlates of Parenting Doubts and Self-Efficacy in a Sample of College-Attending Parents. Poster presented at the convention of the Louisiana Psychological Association, New Orleans, LA.
Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children (CASA), Jefferson Parish, Metairie, Louisiana.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: