Seasoned Director of Education capable of planning and overseeing different types of student-centered and faith-based services. Well-versed in organizing activities and overseeing operations. Looking to bring over 40 years of progressive experience to growth-oriented position. Respectful and charming in relating to people of all religious, economic and cultural backgrounds. Enthusiastic about building strong community relationships and providing high-quality religious education services. Motivated to learn, grow and excel in my position. Multi-talented and consistently rewarded for success in planning and operational improvements. Experience in policy development and staff management procedures positively impacting overall morale and productivity.
Lutheran Services Florida Head Start
• Responsible for the oversight and implementation and monitoring of Education Programs while ensuring all services and functions are completed with high quality, in accordance with Head Start Performance Standards and agency policies and procedures as well as all other applicable state, local and federal guidelines.
• Provided mentoring, managing, supervising, and supporting program staff. I workedcollaboratively with the Program Leadership team in providing leadership in planning, designing, implementing and evaluating program systems and in representing the agency in local, regional, state and national communities.
• Supported the Head Start Director as the assigned Early Childhood expert for the program and acted on behalf of the Director in his absence.
• Took an active role in Self-Assessment, Program Monitoring and mandatory federal reporting which included the Program Information Reports, Manage By Information Report, Enrollment Reports and monthly required reports to the Grantee and Delegate Policy Council, Committees and leadership team for Lutheran Services Florida.
• Provided input and support in the restructuring of local LSF policies and procedures.
• Provided direct support in the aggregation of school readiness data and required assessments for all LSF Head Start and Early Head Start children.
• Managed the curriculum implementation county-wide for the Grantee and was responsible for working with the Head Start and Quality Assurance Manager and ECE Supervisors toward providing required assessments for children and outcomes reporting for the program.
• Responsible for the School Readiness Advisory board and the lead person for reporting the school readiness updates to the LSF leadership team.
• Ensured planning of community assessment, program and budget planning and writing of grant applications to the leadership team in Tampa
• Ensured negotiating and securing contracts with consultants using budgeted allocations.
• Ensured consultant services are delivered in accordance with contracts and performance standards.
• Responsible for reporting suspected cases of child abuse and neglect in accordance with regulations and policy.
• Responsible for planning, putting together a team and implementing the annual pre-service conference for over 600 staff.
• Responsible for creating an implementing the annual school calendar for the program.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: