Versatile Senior Engineer with 30+ year track record of providing exceptional service and talent in automotive and medical device engineering. Advanced leadership and data analysis skills are leveraged to drive cross-functional teams to project success. Deadline-driven and solution-oriented engineer who works well under tight schedules and limited budgets to achieve results. Well-versed in coordinating and managing quality improvement projects.
Ensured new product designs meet all applicable engineering requirements.
• Developed and executed plans for dashboard head impact and passenger air bag deployment testing, as well as material and performance testing for carpeting and insulation.
• Responsible for the application of corporate, federal, and international requirements for design verification of automotive trim components. Coordinated test labs, product engineering teams, technical specialists, and suppliers in solving design issues while meeting stringent program timing and minimizing costs.
Developed a deep understanding of customer expectations, transforming them into achievable targets, systems, and actionable metrics for key products.
• Primary coordinator for frequent customer quality reviews, consolidating validation of corrective actions and providing glide-path estimates for pending continuous improvement initiatives.
• Managed issue resolution and response to customer for quality issues arising in Ford warranty and service parts segments.
• Established databases and methods for multiple users to generate daily and weekly KPI reports.
• Performed process audits in both manufacturing and manufacturing support operations, worked with teams to re-write procedures and work instructions, establishing systems for supporting ISO/TS documentation requirements.
Performed systems project quality engineering for multiple departments and lines, leading cross-functional teams to enable reduction of quality rejects through prompt and effective issue resolution, prevention, and continuous improvement.
• Quality Lead for the largest area of a major interior trim plant involving successful ISO/TS audit preparation, timely cross-functional resolution of daily customer quality concerns on multiple production lines, weekly Area Quality Operating System reviews, and monthly Plant Quality Reviews with corporate management.
• Course instructor for Six Sigma. Mentored project managers throughout several Black and Green Belt projects.
• Developed and implemented business systems for Quality, including a plant-wide system for tracking and storage of responses/resolutions to daily Customer Quality Concerns; and initial project phases for the standardization and consolidation of key quality metric reporting.
Choi Kwang-Do Student, Instructor, and Business Co-owner [2007 - Present]
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: