Knowledgeable speech-language pathologist highly effective at screening students, training teachers and advocating for available resources. Eager to support students.
Graduate Clinician| Therapy Abroad-Belize| Winter 2020
· Evaluated speech, language, cognitive, and swallowing skills with children and adults from diverse cultural backgrounds who spoke various languages.
· Implemented speech, language, cognitive, and swallowing intervention with children and adults from diverse cultural backgrounds who spoke various languages.
· Documented assessment results and intervention activities.
· Communicated with school staff, nursing home staff, and caregivers regarding strategies to help their student, resident, or child be a successful communicator.
· Educated community members and healthcare professionals about the role of the speech-language pathologist.
Graduate Clinician| Traumatic Brain Injury Waiver Program Albany, NY| Fall 2019
· Assessed cognitive-communication impairments for adults with traumatic brain injury.
· Implemented client-centered intervention to adults with cognitive-communication disorders.
· Collaborated with other professionals regarding the well-being of adult clients.
· Counseled clients and caregivers regarding their feelings and attitudes of traumatic brain injury and other important life factors.
· Communicated with other graduate clinicians to collaboratively plan group therapy sessions.
· Documented assessment results, session activities, session data, and treatment summaries.
Graduate Clinician| LaSalle School for Boys Albany, NY| Summer 2019
· Assessed speech and language skills for middle school and high school aged students.
· Implemented intervention approaches in the classroom in collaboration with classroom teachers and school staff as outlined in each students IEP.
· Organized a reading group for high school students to build their literacy skills through engaging activities.
· Advocated for students needs in IEP meetings and collaborated with other education professionals regarding the well-being of the students.
· Documented assessment results, session data, and progress report data.
Graduate Clinician| Council for Effective Communication Albany, NY| Spring 2019
· Council for Effective Communication is an on-campus fluency clinic for graduate students to practice evaluating and treating individuals with a fluency disorder.
· Evaluated an adult client utilizing a holistic approach with the WHO-ICF model.
· Implemented individual and group therapy services using evidenced-based practice to improve fluency and attitudes and feelings regarding their communication.
· Documented assessment results, treatment plan, session plans, session data, and treatment summary.
Graduate Clinician| Pauline K. Winkler Center, Albany NY| Fall 2018
· Pauline K. Winkler Center is an on-campus clinic for graduate students to hone their clinical practice and clinical writing skills with 100% supervision.
· Administered evaluations infant through school-aged children with a range of communication and feeding disorders.
· Diagnosed communication and feeding impairments by reporting assessment results and recommendations.
· Implemented therapy services using evidenced-based practices for children with a variety of articulation and cognitive-communication disorders including AAC.
· Conducted client-based therapy services with an adult with aphasia and other co-occurring impairments due to a TBI.
· Completed documentation of treatment plans, session plans, session data, and treatment summaries.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: