I am reliable and motivated offering over 20 years of pump maintenance, water distribution, and team leadership. As a respectful and experienced professional, I bring 5 years of supervisor training and team leadership.
Perform maintenance and inspections on all pumps and their auxiliary equipment.
Perform Crane, valve, and reservoir infrastructure inspections and repairs.
Maintain, replace, and/or repair facility equipment including HEPA Vac's, trailers, Inlet grates, specific stands for storage of equipment.
Assisted other departments in completing jobs in a timely and safe manner.
Safety Representative for the Aqueduct Pump Maintenance Team.
* Executed switching on equipment up to 600V. Performed lock-out tag-out, carried out and held clearances and specific energy control procedures, issued special work permits. When SECPs were first implemented at C.A.P., I was given the task to begin the process of writing up new lock out procedures to safely de-energize certain pieces of equipment.
* Review Clearances, SECPs and General Switching procedures.
* Maintained and repaired fore bay inlet grates and trash-rake removal equipment.
* Performed predictive, preventative, and corrective maintenance to suction tube, motor, pump, discharge valve, and delivery lines.
* Completed 14 unit pump overhauls including ready for start-up testing within the deadline.
* Main Unit Pump Impeller cavitation repair of the leading edge and vane transitions using GMAW welding.
* Complete overhauls of Unit Pump Discharge Valves.
* Disassembled and repaired/replaced critical parts for Unit Air Blast Breakers and created a written procedure for proper disassembly /reassembly including torque values and gap measurements.
* Maintained and repaired wastewater treatment system including piping, valve, and pump repair.
* Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain operating equipment at check structures, turnouts and recharge projects.
* Back-up Supervisor for C.A.P.'s west zone of pumping stations. I completed C.A.P.s "Supervisor Succession Planning" course in 2015. This included managing 13 employees along with scheduling work, approving time, purchase requisitions, and employee hotel reservations/travel.
* Assisted Safety, engineering, Heavy overhaul Group (pump team), and other departments in resolving issues.
* Attended Root Cause Analysis Meetings with engineers to come up with resolutions.
* Attended Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) consultations for pump reliability and machine uptime.
* Led Weekly Safety Meetings with the crew.
* Helped guide Plant , O&M, and Engineering through some of C.A.P.s harshest "weed seasons" at Mark Wilmer Pump Plant.
* Provided section manager with weekly pump availability updates, recent mechanical issues, and contractor work.
* Part of numerous interview panels for job employment.
Operated a carbon reactivation facility using a "thermal treatment system", a natural gas fired furnace with afterburner for the removal of impurities from the carbon.
* Closely inspected equipment (daily) for safety problems, leaks and wear and tear.
* Reviewed daily computer log and reported any inaccuracies in process board.
* Documented and recorded critical metrics in database related to pressure, temperature, level and flow data to maintain and update accurate repair logs.
* Maintained correct temperature, levels and pressures on process systems and equipment
* Collected samples to assess water quality, including tests for pH and Total dissolved solids.
* Executed service work with little to no supervision, including piping and pump repairs, valve maintenance, and welding/fabrication.
* Gauged and recorded daily tank inventory.
* Provided a daily report of production rates and tank levels to Plant Manager
A 5 year Mechanical apprenticeship which was 3 years at the Palo Verde Nuclear Academy and 2 years at the 469 Local Pipefitters/Plumbers School in Phoenix Az.
Completed an associates degree as recommended by C.A.P.s training department.
Completed over 500 hours as a "back-up" supervisor
Arizona Army National Guard
March 1987 - 1993
Basic Training - Fort McClellan, AL.
Advanced Individual Training - Redsone Arsenal Missile Munitions School, Redstone, AL.
2004 to 2011
Coach - Parker Little League
I coached all leagues during my coaching career (Tee-Ball, Minors, Majors).
2017 to Present
Building Maintenance - First Baptist Church of Parker, AZ.
Maintain the buildings on the church property (Paint, plumbing, minor electrical, Roofing repairs, Drywall, etc.)
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: