• Responsible for the on-going analysis and support of publicly rated coverage for small, mid, and large cap companies across the Homebuilding, Building Products, and REIT sectors.
• Prepare materials and lead presentations of internal committee review process which includes in depth analysis and discussion of key rating drivers, issues, industry conditions, and peer analysis in order to gauge credit risk.
• Monitor industry fundamentals, systemic and idiosyncratic risks, and trends affecting issuers under coverage to proactively identify key changes in credit quality.
• Rate various debt tranches in issuers capital structures including unsecured bond offerings, secured/unsecured credit facilities, preferred stock, and formulate recovery estimates for high-yield and speculative grade issuers utilizing liquidation and going concern valuation approaches.
• Maintain financial projections using base and stress case assumptions as well as build models across a variety of scenarios including mergers and acquisitions, spin-offs, and dividend recapitalizations.
• Gather and upkeep databases extracting statistics from Bloomberg and company filings consisting of credit metrics, key homebuilding figures, and construction data used in peer comparison.
• Continue analytical relationships and communication with executive management teams of issuers, take a lead role in interviewing and discussing corporate strategy, industry dynamics, and capital structure during annual meetings, quarterly earnings calls, and major event announcements.
• Publish issuer specific research analyzing highly leveraged credits, and topical research focused on industry fundamentals and forward looking expectations.
• Internship included on-going responsibilities and rotations across the Private Banking, Family Wealth Management, and Investment Banking divisions.
• Responsible for narrowing a large pool of investment managers by analyzing performance and identifying fund managers across the value, growth, and blend spectrums to pitch to the Family Wealth Management office.
• Intensive training in the Credit Suisse HOLT platform
utilizing CFROI methodology to valuate company's economic performance and
identify market expectations while assessing upside potential versus downside
ESL Teacher, Lansing Refugee Development Center: My primary roles were to teach families English lessons, financial literacy, and help students adapt to significant lifestyle changes.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: