Organized Specialist boasting 10 years of comprehensive experience in the healthcare industry. Committed to maintaining 100% accuracy in processing invoices. Proficient in vendor management and bank reconciliation. Proactive and self-motivated with high degree of professionalism and strong problem-solving capabilities. Results-driven with strong attention to detail and desire to help transform business operations. Dedicated to quickly increasing profitability and reducing expenditures through general ledger entries and account reconciliations. Expert in processing payments to minimize outstanding debt, excess fees and interest. Knowledgeable in verifying information within accounting ledger against vendor information to maintain payment accuracy.
Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
• Updates receivables by totaling unpaid invoices • Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions form lock box and local deposits.
• Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers
• Maintains records by microfilming invoices, debits, and credits.
• Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures.
• Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
• Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account; verifying totals; preparing report.
• Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
•Greets vendors, customers, job applicants, and other visitors.
• Communicate with patients in person/and via person to obtain payments on outstanding accounts or accounts requiring deductibles or co-pays.
•Work closely with billing staff for accurate collecting.
• Reconcile patient payments; prepare deposits and follow established cash handling procedures.
•Successfully collected $10k over the counter collections, within 2 months of employment.
• Facilitates patient check-in and check-out, completes patient intake, includes appointment. scheduling, preparing new charts and addressed customer service inquiries in a timely and accurate fashion; transfer calls as appropriate.
• Ensure HIPAA compliance.
Completed two years
Dean's List 2007
Presidents list 2008- 2009
Completed labs at Virginia College
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: