Want to use this resume?
City, State, Zip Code
Home: 000-000-0000 | Cell: 000-000-0000
Experienced and responsible Transit Bus Driver with a long and consistent service record. Mindful of all mass transit city safety regulations and procedures. Able to handle difficult passengers with ease and charm.
- Flexible scheduling availabiilty including evenings and weekends
- Full knowledge of operational safety standards for coaches and vans
- Thorough familiarity with bus disability equipment for wheelchair accommodation
- Strong automobile mechanical background in case of minor repairs and operation problems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to memorize complicated travel routes and adjust to short-term route changes
- Operated buses on a variety of scheduled routes.
- Drove bus for mail run when required.
- Identified operational and mechanical issues and reported same to garage technical crew.
- Operated bus on special tour groups and group outings to parks and suburban recreational areas.
- Conducted daily pre-trip vehicle inspections prior to operation.
- Smoothly handled resistant or hostile passengers in infraction of bus conduct and safety rules.
- Refueled bus at beginning of and during route as needed.
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Transit Bus Driver job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Transit Bus Driver resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.