Want to use this resume?
City, State, Zip Code
Home: 000-000-0000 | Cell: 000-000-0000
Enterprising Newspaper Editor with many years of experience working on all aspects of newspaper editing and writing. Especially proficient in the use of traditional and digital editing tools. Specialize in maintaining production standards and motivating writers with strong leadership abilities.
● Profound experience editing articles and meeting publication deadlines
● Excellent ability to motivate staff and ensure that deadlines are met
● Substantial ability to write and edit articles on various topics
● Proficient in the use of newspaper editing software programs
● Good ability to allocate responsibilities
● Strong communications abilities
● Edited articles and finalized layouts.
● Ensured that daily deadlines were met.
● Handed out article assignments.
● Held regular staff meetings.
● Solicited article ideas and ensured that major news stories were covered.
● Led investigative reporting team and edited subsequent articles.
● Edited all submitted stories and assigned rework as necessary.
● Provided constructive feedback to staff members.
● Ensured that all articles published were of interest to the readership.
● Assisted with the design and layout of newspaper ads.
● Coordinated with design team to prepare layouts.
● Approved photos for use with stories.
● Maintained database of all articles and archived past newspaper issues.
● Solicited and secured advertising commitments from local businesses.
● Edited print and online versions of the same newspaper.
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Newspaper Editor job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Newspaper Editor resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.