Want to use this resume?
City, State, Zip Code
Home: 000-000-0000 | Cell: 000-000-0000
Highly dedicated and focused Library Volunteer with a strong commitment to community literacy and exceptional attention to detail. Able to function well independently with no supervision or as part of a team to achieve broader library objectives. Adept at handling patron requests for obscure and rare library materials.
- Strong body of library volunteer experience
- Excellent knowledge of bibliophile principles and practices
- Superior grasp of library policies and procedures
- High expertise in Dewey Decimal and Library of Congress systems
- Outstanding ability to file books numerically and alphabetically
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Sound skills in working with children
- High organization and prioritization abilities
- Developed and conducted children’s story time on a weekly basis.
- Assisted with early literacy program design and implementation.
- Answered patron queries in a timely and courteous manner.
- Contributed to library cleaning and neatening on a regular basis.
- Reported concerns and problems promptly to library supervisory staff.
- Reshelved books videos and DVDs accurately and quickly.
- Furnished information to patrons over the phone and in person on a regular basis.
- Oversaw copying printing and mailing of various documents and paperwork as needed.
- Checked bookshelves to verify correct and orderly placement.
- Scanned and reshelved a variety of returned items.
- Provided clerical front-desk assistance as required.
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Library Volunteer job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Library Volunteer resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.