Want to use this resume?
City, State, Zip Code
Home: 000-000-0000 | Cell: 000-000-0000
Organized Hospital Unit Clerk who smoothly prioritizes tasks while juggling multiple duties and continuous interruptions. Exceptional communication skills, health information technology knowledge, patient care coordination, and file maintenance. Experienced in working responsively with physicians, nurses, patients, and their families in several large hospital units.
- Administrative expertise
- Medical record management
- Outstanding clerical and computer skills
- Time management
- Superb written and verbal communication abilities
- Supply acquisition and maintenance
- Patient transportation
- Certified Health Unit Coordinator
- Safety team leader
- Assist patients and visitors in locating specific departments and services and keep them updated on status of procedures and referral appointments.
- Ensure seamless flow of work on the busy 45-bed unit.
- Train more than 20 unit clerks, nurses, and medical assistants on unit’s computer system and workflow procedures.
- Manage patient records verifying that all forms of paperwork, lab work, and referrals were properly documented.
- Coordinate patient care with other departments, specialist visits, and lab orders and prepare discharge paperwork.
- Greeted and directed patients, staff, and families to appropriate locations.
- Managed the traffic flow and smooth work processes of the 35-bed unit.
- Coordinated specialist visits, transportation, and lab collections for more than 30 unit patients daily.
- Supervised ordering, acquisition, maintenance, and return of supplies.
- Maintained all unit patient records.
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Hospital Unit Clerk job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Hospital Unit Clerk resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.