Want to use this resume?
City, State, Zip Code
Home: 000-000-0000 | Cell: 000-000-0000
Highly qualified Education Counselor working with young adults to develop realistic and financially feasible college plans. Adept at developing college and career plans in tune with the needs of students from a variety of academic and socioeconomic backgrounds. Excels in the development of college and career curriculum and has a proven track record of guiding and mentoring students from the beginning of the college application process to graduation and beyond.
- College and career curriculum development
- Student advising
- Strong academic background
- Passionate about financial feasibility and financial literacy
- Facilitator of professional development workshops for young people
- Detail-oriented and responsible
- Caseload management
- Managed an average caseload of 35 high school students within the college and career program attaining 95% retention rate and 87% college acceptance rate.
- Provided student advising in both one-on-one biweekly sessions for program participants tracking professional and educational growth over time.
- Developed college partnership program by recruiting 25 college volunteers to provide college and career workshops and lead tours during 15 annual college visits and field trips.
- Collaborated with schools to provide additional curriculum support. Communicated with high school counselors to monitor participation behavior issues and student truancy rates.
- Developed and implemented eight semesters of college and career curriculum to target middle school students within an after school tutoring program.
- Worked with a caseload of over 25 middle school students each trimester with an average 91% trimester-to-trimester retention rate.
- Organized five college and career field trips each semester to visit local libraries colleges and technical schools.
- Developed individualized education plans for students with learning disabilities and difficulties.
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Education Counselor job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Education Counselor resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.